Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Who delivers USPS in the UK
  • tails
    Free Member

As they reckon they tried to deliver at 6.20am and I reckon thats bollox, as there is no note. But I'd like to call said delivery company.

uplink
    Free Member

Parcelfarce or Royal Mail

tails
    Free Member

Thanks fish

khani
    Free Member

they did that to me, attemptid delivery at 5.40am, then i got a letter saying i had to pay import tax and handling fee before they would deliver, i think the time is when it arrives at the depot from usps, expect a shock shortly 🙁

pacemaker
    Free Member

khani, exactly the same happened to me.

khani
    Free Member

did better with fedex, still had to pay but at least they gave it to me first and then sent a invoice for the tax and no **** handling fee

khani
    Free Member

don't mind the tax (ish) but the handling fee is taking the p**s (w*****s) 👿

martinh
    Free Member

USPS tracking always says failed to deliver when Parcelfarce have sent the tax letter. I've had it happen a few times. Last time the sent the letter to the wrong address

tails
    Free Member

hey I think your right i got the letter today, £27 tax, I don't mind paying as the seller said he won't put gift, but £8 handling fee 👿 I realise they are delivering but I have paid USPS postage surely they should split this, or accept that the senders country gets the cash. It is a hidden tax which you can't avoid. Plus I can't get my hands on it till tuesday.

khani
    Free Member

i actually drove to the depot and payed on the spot and picked it up and STILL had to pay the handling fee, the northern tosser in me wanted to kick off but its pointless 🙁 the term over a barrel springs to mind

aracer
    Free Member

Who do you suggest pays to handle clearing your parcel through customs – it doesn't just happen all on it's own you know? Why should the original sender pay for something which is your responsibility (since you are the importer, not them)?

tails
    Free Member

Well I have already paid $69 to deliver it plus $5 insurance as it seems the companies involved can't say for definite their staff won't be light-fingered. I think it should come out of that money. I doubt it costs £8 to delivery from london to cambridge.

khani
    Free Member

if your paying for delivery it should be deliverd, end of, if all your paying for is its delivery to a royal mail depot it should be stated, as i said its taking the p**s

uplink
    Free Member

The fee is for them to collect & do the paperwork for the VAT & duty – which is over & above whatever they get for delivery

If it doesn't attract any extras – there's no fee

Northwind

"The fee is for them to collect & do the paperwork for the VAT & duty – which is over & above whatever they get for delivery"

Yes, and bank charges are just covering the cost of the letter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Who delivers USPS in the UK’ is closed to new replies.