Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • who ate all the meat out of the pie ? lol
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

ok (not that i eat alot of pies you understand :wink:….but i quite fancied pie n peas with a sprinkling of that pickled red cabbage from the local buttie shop at dinner….
    anyho : what id like to know is : should it be called 'meat and potatoe pie' or just 'potatoe pie'….. thing is its marked up as 'Potatoe pie' (and in small writing the words : 'contains meat'…
    so in reality there is no 'meat n potatoe' pie in this shop but just potatoe with tiny flecks of meat.
    next time i,ll just try the steak pie (hopefully there SHUD be steak in that ! (there ruddy beter be anyway ! lol 🙂 :mrgreen:

FoxyChick
    Free Member

lollollollollollollollollollollollollol 🙄

bommer
    Free Member

you are Dan Quayle AICMFP

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills himself, and whoso eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Blessed are the Cheesemakers.

Tracey

You want one of these, comes with mushy peas and pickled red cabbage

Tracey

MrSparkle

or one of these:

lol.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

must of been a cathlic pie, with the pop being here and all that

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Tracey; that's not a proper pie. That's a stew in a dish with a bit of pastry on top. Cheating.

elaineanne
    Free Member

Tracey : that looks like one of Betty's (corrie) hotpots ! 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You get the best pies at TAFFY'S

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ernie why do you have to go and lower the tone?

You're disgusting, that's what you are.

🙁

elaineanne
    Free Member

so after eatiing one of the above pies (that shud fill you up in readiness for the MARY TOWNLEY LOOP MTB challenge which is on tomorrow !
    good luck to all who enter (but not me this year as ive been ill….. well never mind theres always next year !
    'best of luck to my son 'Chris' who is taking part…. wayhey : you can do it chris…energy bars at the ready ! …. 😉 :mrgreen:

off-the-pace
    Free Member

Elfinsafty is quite right on the correct form for a pie.

My Grandmother use to bake meat and potato pies for the Preston mill workers lunches (dinners – in was breakfast, dinner and tea then). She had a bakery at the back of a corner shop. She also used to sell cigarettes by “one and a match”. Think Coronation Street without the glamour. Health and safety would have shut it all down in a heartbeat.

For the OP’s benefit she also did a pie for those that couldn’t afford the luxury of the meat (ham in microscopic amounts). No meat, just potato. It was called a butter pie…. AND THERE WAS NO BUTTER IN IT!

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol @ butter pie !!!!!! :mrgreen:

pitduck
    Free Member

they sell butter pies in morrisons. mmmmmm 8)

Dancake
    Free Member

I really fancy asking the local chippy to batter me a pie but I am shy…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘who ate all the meat out of the pie ? lol’ is closed to new replies.