• This topic has 131 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Thread edited
  • Pook

Cheer up will ya.

Stoner
    Free Member

Jamie
    Charlie Mungus
    racing ralph

all need a humour injection.

rOcKeTdOg

i think we all know, i won’t grant them the attention they crave by adding the names here

i will add if there’s ever another potato famine we’ll be able to live on the massive chips some of them carry around on their shoulders

Admiralable
    Free Member

There are quiet a few thaT Just need to lightenup. Even if its just for Health reasons and for their own Safety :0)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

🙄 Oh dear, really, I mean really, what is the point in a thread like this. It’s only going to upset someone. I actually think that this thread already contravenes certain forum rules with regards to trolling.

Pook

Not my intention. More an observation that sometimes there’s really no point in dropping a massive heavy handed tome into an otherwise buoyant thread.

Stoner
    Free Member

im trying really hard to work out the level of irony in your post TSY….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was going to plot it on a graph for your stoner… it was off the frcking scale.

Stoner
    Free Member

error bars and all?

scaredypants

error bars and all?

👿

(mods alerted for that flagrant breach of spreadsheet etiquette)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

yeahp, yeahp.

Oi Pook ya killjoy! This thread was about to get good.

Pook says you all smell of doggies doo doo!

sharki
    Free Member

There’s alot of missed jokes which are just seem as people being unhumourous.

The power of the internet in being to absorb intended wit and spit it out as unfunny, full of angst, etc

I’m sure deep down, the OP of a perceived unhumourous/angry post is at home, in their Y fronts laughing at the responses they are getting.

I know i do.
    And i certainly know of a few trouble makers who enjoy keeping the fire alight in some more heated discussions.

For sure though are those who are just mad at the world or mad with it.
    And it’s those that make everyone else feel better about who they are.
    That works for me.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I was going to plot it on a graph for your stoner… it was off the frcking scale.

Here’s a pie chart instead:

Pook

Still thing there’s a lot of lightening up to be done. I really do think an albeit well written, authoritative post on something can often pull the plug on the positive atmosphere of an otherwise fun thread. I’ll give points if you can find examples that when you’re reading them, you get so far but just go; “Oh bloody hell, reel yourself in will you….”

On another note, I want a pie now, but not one made of piccalilly.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I thought this might a be about tapestry. 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Stoner:

Jamie
    Charlie Mungus
    racing ralph

Well. That came as a surprise. I always thought Ralph was quite chilled.

Anyways. **** you Stoner 8)

uplink
    Free Member

I thought this might a be about tapestry.

I thought is was going to be about worms 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

ton – Member
    we had a sauna at the rugby club………….certain people used to wee on the stones……………..

Posted 2 hours ago # Report-Post

How many points do I get?

sharki
    Free Member

How about a recycling bin, so we can copy and paste all the trash posts and lob them out.

The posters will get the hint and re think his intentions.

Pook

Pook

I’m thinking more of a video related thread

scaredypants

For Pook:
    (dog doodoo and worms)

Dogs are associated with more than 60 zoonotic diseases among which, parasitosis and, in particular, helminthosis, can pose serious public-health concerns worldwide. Many canine gastrointestinal parasites eliminate their dispersion elements (eggs, larvae, oocysts) by the faecal route. The quantity of canine faeces deposited on public and private property in cities worldwide is both a perennial nuisance and an important health issue. Public sites such as playgrounds, parks, gardens, public squares and sandpits may be an important source of human infection. The aim of this study was to evaluate the extent of both canine faecal contamination in the city of Naples (southern Italy), and presence of canine parasitic elements, with particular regard to those which are potential agents of zoonosis. A regular grid of sub-areas (1 km × 700 m) was overlaid on the city map using a Geographical Information System (GIS). In each sub-area the straightest 1 km transect was drawn and digitalized on-screen in the GIS. Between February and May 2005 canine faeces were counted along the 1 km transects in 143 sub-areas, and 415 canine faecal samples were collected and submitted to coprological examinations. Negative binomial regression models and Gaussian random effects models were used to analyze the association between faeces count and human population density taking into account for extraPoisson variability. Logistic regression model was used to evaluate the association between positivity to parasitic elements and number of canine faeces.

Oh, I know what you’re thinking – where’s the facts ?

Results

Out of the 143 studied sub-areas, 141 (98.6%) contained canine faeces. There was a strong spatial gradient with 48% of the total variability accounted by between neighbourhood variability; a positive association between the number of faeces and the human population density was found. Seventy (over 415, 16.9%) canine faecal samples were positive for parasitic elements. There was no association between positivity to parasitic elements and the number of canine faeces. Eggs of Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Ancylostoma caninum and Trichuris vulpis were found, as well as oocysts of Isospora canis.
    Conclusion

In conclusion, the results of the present study, conducted using GIS both for planning and sampling and for evaluation and presentation of findings, showed the presence of canine faecal contamination in the city of Naples, and the presence of canine parasitic elements, some of which are potential agents of zoonosis.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m with you sharki…

The Southern Yeti – Member

ton – Member
    we had a sauna at the rugby club………….certain people used to wee on the stones……………..

Posted 2 hours ago # Report-Post

How many points do I get?

Admiralable
    Free Member

I remember watching Newsround as a child and they had a report on how dog pooh makes you blind. Something to do with a parasite that crawls up to your eyes and eats them from the back. I always had visions of a worm sat in the back of the eye ball with a knife and fork!

philconsequence
    Free Member

i like it when someone comes along and throws a massive miserable post in the mix of it all… really helps me cross people off my “forum members i’d probably enjoy having a ride/laugh with in real life” list.

one day when my list is of an appropriate size i’m going to host a secret-sexy-superfun-happyfuntime-party… then they’re regret being miserable sods i tell theee!!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

… lubing myself up already…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Will the person who’s the sex interest know beforehand, or will it be a surprise?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What has one missed?

philconsequence
    Free Member

@TSY… who said you’re invited?

@IanMunro … they’ll find out when we burst into their bedroom wearing clown costumes

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

🙁

Anyone know the best way of getting bearing grease out of chest hair?

philconsequence
    Free Member

nahhh only joking, TSY is invited, as are most people that come across as young enough to not be offended by every little joke/take themselves too seriously…. oh and barnsleymitch, despite his age i like his style.

ignore the health warnings about the “punch” i’ll be serving…. you’ll all be coming with me to a better place.

Torminalis
    Free Member

ignore the health warnings about the “punch” i’ll be serving

Please, just not the face!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah, mitch best be there! Where is he though?
    I’ve not been putting biscuits out for im and it’s been mighty cold recently. Hope he’s ok.

Pook

scaredypants

LOL at Pook of Bayeux ! – where do they come from ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Please, just not the face!

The back of the neck would be more of a worry.

Pook

Jamie
    Free Member

cut off the _m from the URL pook to make it biggerer.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Jamie
    Charlie Mungus
    racing ralph

What? what have I done now?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh, ok just read the original title

Well, can I offer as evidence

To be honest I can’t see why this is such a difficult subject. I tried that waterboarding once, it was fantastic, That was in Cornwall, admittedly when i did it up north it was a bit chilly. But these guys are in Cuba, so what’s the problem?

Racist!![/quote]

Perhaps, most revealing

no, no. The point is that there is always a point but often you cannot see it. You need to move to the argand plane

Having talked about Michael McIntyre, then Piers Morgan, I thought I’d just ask about Jesus Christ. I mean , Is it just me or was he a bit full of himself? Yes, sure he did some good stuff with the loaves and fishes and the water into wine, but that was a while back and whilst it might be said that his early stuff was good in it’s time. Would it really cut it now? Isn’t time folks stopped going on about him and paid more atention to more relevant folks like Paul Daniels, David Blaine or that Criss Angel Bloke?

I only said you can mock people for the choices they make in life

I know, that’s why i was mocking you. Sorry, I didn’t realise that you meant you can mock other people for the choices they make in life[/quote]

See loads of good stuff there. Admittedly some of it might have gone over some folks heads and sometimes the irony wasn’t apparent to some folks. But much of that was pure comedy gold, or pyrites at least.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Thread edited’ is closed to new replies.