Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • White Cycling Shoes.
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

I need to replace my Spesh BG Pro MTB shoes which are now only available in white, I’ve always been of the opinion (god knows why) that if you have white racing slippers you’d better be fast, which I’m not particularity.

So white cycling shoes right or wrong?

Jamie
    Free Member

I have the white ones from DHB.

I am not fast, but I am cheap.

…..and the black ones were out of stock at the time.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Trust your gut and find a different shoe.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flatfish
    Free Member

I’ve got white shoes and I’m nowhere near fast anymore.
    You wear LVIS kit, is that not a fashion faux pas?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I’m off the same opinion Kingtut and have the same pair of shoes. In fact I just bought another pair in the sale (£120 for Cyclesurgery).

White = Speed. Even the roadies fear me 🙂

Although, the only downside I’ve found with these excellent shoes is that over time I end up catching and breaking the plastic mounts on the inside of the shoes (that provide a well for the ratchet buckle strap) with the crank arms. That’s all though.

Mister-P
    Free Member

White = road
    Black = MTB

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Although, the only downside I’ve found with these excellent shoes is that over time I end up catching and breaking the plastic mounts on the inside of the shoes (that provide a well for the ratchet buckle strap) with the crank arms. That’s all though.

They have changed the design now I think, how does the white finish stand up to mud?

You wear LVIS kit, is that not a fashion faux pas?

Fair point and I have a white helmet, sod it I might as well get them.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Who cares if you arent fast, you’ll look cool as ****!

A mate of mine is fast as **** but he wears black shoes so looks like a bit of a melon.

Swings and roundabouts.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Indeed they have changed the design. Which Spesh informed me of when I tried to get my shoes replaced again for a second time 🙂

To be honest they look great clean and dirty and they stand up the elements of the Peaks all year.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I forgot to add, new things make you feel good = makes you ride faster.

Go get a pair of super fast disco slippers and be the envy of your friends 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Excellent thanks for the info, any idea what year they changed the buckle design? As I’ve found a good deal on some 2010 ones.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Mister P – Member
    White = road (Or Red)
    Black = MTB (Or Brown)

Correct.

julianwilson
    Free Member

them there yellow mavic ones would set your LVIS kit off a treat 😀

But yeah, you’ll still be expected tio be a bit quick.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

But yeah, you’ll still be expected tio be a bit quick.

Can I substitute quick for tenacious? I solo endurance races me I do. 😉

The Mavic ones would indeed match the LVIS kit, but I really dislike yellow.

njee20
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter if you’re not quick, you’ll go 13.283% quicker with white shoes, road or MTB.

White all the way!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Now I look at it, looks like I should have had white shoes anyway they’ll go reet nice with my kit.

😉

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Same boat as KINGTUT.

Spesh have shot themselves in the foot (ha) by only supplying white shoes IMO.

I managed to track down a new pair of the black BG pros so I’m sorted/lucky but otherwise I’d be moving over to Sidis or equivalent.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well its the Spesh in white or Mavic Tempos in metallic grey (if they are as comfortable as Spesh), decisions decisions.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just go for the Spesh if they are comfy and you know they fit you.

Just don’t ever clean them, and they will soon lose that boxfresh look.

bikebouy
    Free Member

White for road, less mud/crud/horse shi*t stains
    Black for MTB, hides mud/crud/horse shi*t stains

DezB
    Free Member

You need these. So attractive

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I bought a pair of mavic tempo size 10 (actually 44 an 3/4), felt fine at home, but on the bike they were just a tad too big. so flogged them and got a pair of white spsh bg pro from JE James for £110. The latter are super bling and I have to say look in a different league in terms of quality to the mavic.

oldgit
    Free Member

I like black road shoes, they smack of ‘journeyman’ rider to me and I like that. Bit like old footballers wearing World Cups.

Red for cyclocross and MTB.

Those yellow Mavics look a bit spazzy to me.

neninja
    Free Member

Well a mate recently bought some metallic gold road shoes, so white is fine in my book. They’ll not be white for long anyway.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

]Kingtut, go with the Spesh. Indeed, they will complement your kit and strike fear into the other (endurance) racers 🙂

I’ve had a pair since ’09 and they’ve only just changed the design. So the ’10 version will be the same as mine.

For reference…..(15 months old vs brand new)…

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I notice the 2011 bg pro have a bumper strip across the toe to protect them, did u find the material on the older versions (like I’ve just bought) scuffed easily under the front of the toe?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Not particularly Papa, although I’ve started to notice a little bit over the last few months but as you can see, they’ve seen a fair bit of use during their time.

Perhaps to do with the material cracking from wet/dry use and nicks received from trail debris and walking. I did have to do plenty of hike-a-bike recently in Scotland which may have resulted in a little bit of toe damage but nothing the dirt won’t hide 🙂

I’ve always had Spesh shoes. I find them the best fit and to be honest, these have been the best so far, hence why I couldn’t take the chance of not been able to get another pair and bought some while they were still available.

winterfold
    Free Member

White.

Look after them with some baby wipes and they will stay looking fresher than an Imperial Stormtrooper’s jockstrap

In my experience the Spec shoes are a bit more solid feeling, but nothing is going to go bad with your foot and Mavics are like getting a foot massage from Uma Thurman, and obviously much faster 😉

pinches
    Free Member

i’ve just got the white S-works shoe, and as above, wet wipes are your friend for cleaning shoes in general, makes it really painless.

I bought them because they were the stiffest shoe for the least money, they also coincidentally match my forks, kit and decals on the bike 😐

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

White shoes?

*falls over laughing*

I like my Bonty RXL’s.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘White Cycling Shoes.’ is closed to new replies.