Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • White Bikes – picture thread.
  • samuri
    Free Member

How much white is *too* white? Anyone with white bikes are welcome to post pictures of them. It's been suggested that attempting to follow an all white bike theme from the cable outers to the saddle to the spokes will make it look like one of those bikes that people leave where a cyclist has been killed.

But I'm undecided so pictures of very white bikes to try turn me one way or the other if you please.

thanks.

ton

i owned this for a short while………..

snaps
    Free Member

I'm not sure about to much white – I put the Pikes on then took 'um off again as I thought it was to much.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Depends if you are going to ride it or use it as art!

shinsplints

sheppie_hill those 2 are both awesome !

si-wilson
    Free Member

not all by any means white, but as far as I would go…

the_lecht_rocks

snaps – how effective are the high rollers on 819's ?
    strong sidewalls ?
    any punctures ? sidewall splits ?

are they 2.35" HR's ?

slowrider
    Free Member

that chumba looks good, think its the chrome rear end, seatpost and stem that really work. like the dale too.

samuri
    Free Member

sheppie, it was actually that cannondale that inspired me to go down this path. I spent some time trying to get hold of another killer when I missed getting hold of that one because it looked so good but I've gone with a different bike entirely now.

Any bike I own is going to get ridden a lot though so I'm a bit concerned about how long things like the saddle are going to stay looking white.

domino

Road bike rather than mountain bike but still rather white – changing the white bar tape for pink though and the white saddle just got black polka dots after the first wash 🙁

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh, whiteness 8) . Sheppie – that Cannondale looks fantastic.

Now, if you can all just hold on a little while . . .

NormalMan

My general hack about HT:

bungalistic
    Free Member

My ns surge:

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Not sure I still like the white seatpost.

samuri
    Free Member

nice to see a bike with a white seatpost and stem, wasn't sure whether to go down that path or not.

oh dear, it's possible to buy white brakes.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(mr M-C posting) I love white bikes but think you can have too much white. White frame and possibly fork lowers, everything else black.
    My "old" ride had a white mainframe (well more ivory) with black everything else

Just bought this on fleabay, and fancy getting the fork lowers powdercoated white possibly (and getting rid of the red H/S spacers!).

Daisy Duke I reckon you need a black seatpost to "match" the black seatstays,d and the white post makes the bike look long and top heavy IMHO.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its a road bike but it is white.

Stoner
    Free Member

much nicer brakes:

matthew_h
    Free Member

Here's my white bike:

I like this level of white and wouldn't really like any more on it. Oh, except the white Charge Spoon saddle that it now wears.

timber

restrained white, trying to keep it b&w

think the heckler pulls it off better

NormalMan

I am thinking of getting a white Charge Spoon saddle for the Commie actually. I don't find the SDG that comfy, especially compared to the Flite on my Fisher ss.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

My marin quake:

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

matthew_h nice bike 😉

ken_shields
    Free Member

My Major Jake….finished yesterday

Old Azonic Sabre

Drac

jimmy

don't know what it is about white Santa Cruz's but I love em. I miss my white chameleon looking at these pics.

Just looking for pics, forgot about these I have owned, too;

mamadirt
    Free Member

jimmy – Member

don't know what it is about white Santa Cruz's but I love em

There you go . . .

Just picked it up from the lbs this afternoon (big thanks to Don Skene Cycles in Cardiff). I've a feeling that tea will be a little late tonight 😉

druidh
    Free Member

It doesn't stay white

TomHill
    Free Member

Sheppie, adore the retro 'dale.

Apols for the ropey pics, but white frame, grips, rims and spokes. [edit… and cranks]

mudpup
    Free Member

Heres mine!!!

cheers_drive

I find myself cleaning it much more than the other (non white) bikes i've owned; it doesn't half show the dirt.

Driller
    Free Member

I had a white 07 Heckler, white Syncros rims, white bars and a white WTB saddle, until some scrote robbed it. Santacruz do look great in white.

Mind you the silver ano replacement looks a bit classier, and it still looks brand new 12 months later.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Not white frames but always white finishing kit on my past ones

It also had a white E-13

Will be putting some white forks or rims on at some point 🙂

Yep I love white on bikes!!

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

new white, whyte!

montylikesbeer

stunning white dales, definitely art

Kit
    Free Member

Loving the look of some of those, although white headsets, seatposts and cranks just look a bit wrong…

john_l
    Free Member

lock
    Free Member

taka
    Free Member

i liki liki the p7 😆

spoon
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘White Bikes – picture thread.’ is closed to new replies.