Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Whit half term in Scotland – where to go, what to do?
  • crapknees
    Free Member

Me and my wife fancy visiting Scotland for 4 or 5 days at the end of May. Never been before, and there’s so many attractions and places mentioned on your typical tourism websites that were a bit stuck as to where to begin. We’ll be taking the tent, but will probably doing a mix of camping and b&b’s as my wife is pregnant. Bikes probably won’t be making an appearance either.

Main things we would like to see: Mountains, lochs, a sneaky visit to a distillery and maybe a day in a city, probably Glasgow. Any suggestions as to a road trip itinerary?

piemonster

Assynt

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Start off at Glasgow then head North towards Oban & Fort William (which is a bit of a dump in itself, but the surrounding area is ‘proper Scotland’ as far as I’m concerned.) Glencoe is a must, as is the Ardnamurchan peninsular. Head up the Great Glen by Loch Ness & head back south via Aviemore & Pitlochry. Save your distillery tour for Edradour near Pitlochry cos It’s the smallest in Scotchland, apparently, but Kilchonan on Islay could be smaller.
    Sorted.

cbike
    Free Member

Stop off here – http://www.balmillig.co.uk Get advice and directions, Have the best holiday ever.
    Citys, Argyll, Trossachs, and Highlands all within two hours.
    The North west is spectacular as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Whit half term in Scotland – where to go, what to do?’ is closed to new replies.