Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Whistler video
  • torihada
    Free Member

Sifting through the gigs of video from 2012: some headcam from the famous A Line with a woodwork diversion.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNGxq_HpzRc&feature=share&list=UUF8hBrxOopIQqPaYh1_uw_Q[/video]

_tom_
    Free Member

Nice one, much better riding than displayed in my recent Whistler video!

DarrenH

Lovely stuff! Looks great fun.
    One day I’ll manage to get there…

aye-aye
    Free Member

I miss Whistler 🙁
    Nice vid.
    Missed out my fave jump ever though, that last hip-jump on A-Line before big GLC. Love it
    Nearly landed on a bear off it last year

Bagstard
    Free Member

Nice video, but kept thinking you were going to come up short on the gaps!

torihada
    Free Member

Nice video, but kept thinking you were going to come up short on the gaps!

Yep: took the woodwork too slow & cased back wheel. Need a lot of speed on A Line, which takes balls when you come face to face with those massive table tops. On Crank it Up (blue version of A line) we had more speed by the end of the week & we were landing between the tables. So much stuff at Whistler we only rode A Line a couple of times.

stewartc
    Free Member

Good video, enjoyed that a lot.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Na will give that a miss thanks.

Can’t help but think I would be more worried about bears than the course. Imagine fixing a puncture and hearing twigs snap behind you.

_tom_
    Free Member

On Crank it Up (blue version of A line) we had more speed by the end of the week & we were landing between the tables.

haha I had that problem as well, especially those ones near the end!

toons
    Free Member

That looks fun.

Are you on DH bikes?

Milkie
    Free Member

That trail looks lovely. Want to go to Whistler next year and do the Summer Gravity Camp… What bikes to use!?

torihada
    Free Member

I was riding a Scott Voltage with Totem 180’s up front, two riders ahead; 1 on a Transition 250 & other on an Orange Alpine. Another 3 of our riders were also on Alpines and the guide reckoned they were at their limit in the park. My Voltage was the perfect bike there. 7 inch coil travel on a slack bike gives you the confidence to hit the big stuff: I never thought I’d do the containers, Fade to Black or start to clear the tables on A Line.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihxi7XlCCbY[/video]

That’s really all down to our guide: Mark from BearBackBiking. He progressed us up to some very leery stuff by the end of the week. If you go to Whistler I’d suggest a guide as you’ll get much more out of the park, even though its way marked and I’d give BearBackBiking 5 stars.

aye-aye
    Free Member

Aahh, I love freight train and drop-in clinic.
    Stayed with BearBack in 2008, perfect hosts and guides.

ridingscared
    Free Member

I loved Crank it Up and Black Velvet.Fair play doing that container- looked terrifying.

trailhound
    Free Member

Great Vid for a dull Monday night – nice1!

steviep
    Free Member

Those videos bring back some very happy memories.

Milkie
    Free Member

This is making me very excited about next years holiday already! I was thinking of taking my Genius LT and possibly hiring a DH bike for one of the weeks if the LT isn’t up to it.

I was also thinking of doing a week with SummerGravityCamps and then a week with BearBackBiking.

BearBack
    Free Member

I was also thinking of doing a week with SummerGravityCamps and then a week with BearBackBiking.

Why not flip that around? Get a weeks priming with our guides/coaches then take that confidence and riding progression to rip with the pro’s.

If you go to Whistler I’d suggest a guide as you’ll get much more out of the park, even though its way marked and I’d give BearBackBiking 5 stars.

Stayed with BearBack in 2008, perfect hosts and guides.

🙂

Thanks for the kind words chaps!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Whistler video’ is closed to new replies.