Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whistler – Reverb on or off?
  • stevied
    Free Member

My initial thought was to take it off (one less thing to get damaged) but was then told that there’s some decent XC trails too..
    I’m sure we’ll be just spending as much time lift assisted but are the XC trails worth doing? I’ve got 6 days of riding 🙂

tomhoward

There’s loads of world class trails to ride that aren’t DH ones, def take it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah take it, there’s:

Bike Park, where you won’t need it, at all – because it’s all lift fed (of course) and I don’t recall a single climb on any of the trails, at least ones you don’t entre at 100000000mph and simply fly through.

Not Bike Park, where you will need it, a lot, because outside the park there aren’t any bike lifts.

mikey74
    Free Member

Make sure you do some xc as it’s awesome. I’d definitely take the dropper, but also take a cheapo, ordinary seat post to use in the park.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

As you’ve only got 6 days I’d say don’t bother doing anything but bike park. I could spend a whole day just doing ninja cougar and I wouldn’t get bored. Depends if you like to do the same trail repeatedly until you’ve nailed it or you like to do it once/twice and move on.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

IMO the valley trails are better than the park.

But, 6 days to cram it all in is nigh on impossible. The valley stuff can be some long, long grinds up fire roads to reach the trail head. If I was doing 6 days i’d probably want maximum bang for my buck, that wouldn’t include riding up fire roads for hours at a time!

I think i’d try and take as much of the park in as possible, then ride some of the valley stuff accessable from the park (Khybers/RDS/Trespasser). Take a bead on the black park tech for your level of riding, a lot of it is pretty full on.

I’d definitely still take the Reverb though.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’d say don’t bother doing anything but bike park.

Rubbish!

It would be criminal to go there and not sample some of the xc, even if it’s just the valley trails.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Whistler XC can still be pretty full on and is worth doing in my opinion although I’m the sort of person who gets bored in the park after a while. For example watch the first 2 minutes of this video from Tunnel vision. It`s an XC blue/easy black and was part of the BC Bike race.

Tunnel Vision in Whistler

Just limiting yourself to the park means missing out on lots of good riding options.

wl
    Free Member

Shame to only ride the park there IMO, especially if you have 6 full days. Leave the Reverb and take some time to do a couple of the backcountry trails around Whistler and nearby Squamish etc.

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

As you’ve only got 6 days I’d say don’t bother doing anything but bike park

Completely agree. I’ve now been 6 times (either 10 or 14 day trips) and the last was 10 straight park days.

The minor amount of valley xc stuff I’ve ridden is great and if I lived there for the season would love to do more of it but I pedal uphill for the other 50 weeks a year in the uk. Also the park has a lot more to it than a-line style jump trails you see in 90% of the videos there’s technical trails to suit every level. You’d do well to ride every park trail in 6 days.

My group all agreed you’d be mad to travel 4000+ miles to (probably) the best bike park in the world and not ride it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whistler – Reverb on or off?’ is closed to new replies.