Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whistler for wimps
  • simonhbacon
    Free Member

My wife and I have the opportunity to visit Whistler for 3 days.

We are not downhill demons. We are happiest on blue trails like the Verderers trail at FOD, particularly the final downhill section.

Is it worth our while going to the Whistler mountain bike park, or is it just going to scare us witless?

antennae
    Free Member

Yes! There are a bunch of mellow greens and most blues should be spot on for you.

A bunch of friends rode last year with no prior mountain bike experience at all after doing Bike Park 101 at their bike school.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Plenty to ride in the park – go with a guide if you don’t feel confident.

Also with riding out in the valley, Lost lake is like a UK trail centre, you can pick & chose sections to ride as you please.

Download the trailforks app & use it to GPS yourself to areas to ride 🙂

splashdown
    Free Member

The valley trails are definitely well worth a look at as well!

Milkie
    Free Member

As above I would suggest Lost Lake, short ups, short downs, but nice trails. Then hit up the bike park for a couple of Blue runs, you won’t be disappointed! You can’t go to Whistler and not do a couple of runs in the bike park and have a drink at the GLC. 😉

Murray

Is there still a section of XC trails by the XC ski area?

sweaman2
    Free Member

Yes there is enough to keep you happy and don’t get intimidated. In the bike park green and “flow” blues are as difficult as you make them (faster = harder obviously).

As said above Lost lake trails are also generally benign.

You should also consider Squamish for a day. Trails behind the University such as half Nelson and Pseudo Psuga are similar. Squamish also has some lovely hikes and fantastic views.

vmgscot

Yes definitely go. The green and blue park trails are a lot of fun.
    And don’t worry about the “fullface and vest” brigade.

GolfChick
    Free Member

As others have said for your riding preference/skill level definitely check out the Lost Lake trails, there’s a fair network in there and there’ll be tonnes of stuff in the park that you’ll be able to ride that has tonnes of flow like B Line. I’d stick to those two recommendations as IMO once you start to look at blue graded trails on trailforks it’ll be nothing like our blues and I’m not sure it would go down to well!

simonhbacon
    Free Member

Thanks for all the information.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whistler for wimps’ is closed to new replies.