• This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by AdamT.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Whistler Advice
  • boltonjon

Hi guys

Proper lucked out and have a weekend in Vancouver with work, so gonna head up to Whistler to sample some of their uplift assisted trails

Can anyone recommend any good bike hire places who will swap brake levers around or even someone who leads group rides

I’m not a fan of DH rigs so looking for more Enduro. I’ll be bringing my own riding kit – so no need for that

Much appreciated

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Guiding- http://www.bearbackbiking.com/

My day was brilliant with them. They took me to some cracking trails, even saw a black bear and its cub!

tomhoward

All the bike shops swap levers.

The lift assisted stuff is just the bike park, not the whole valley as per Alps etc, which is so well signposted/mapped you wont need a guide. Though I would have thought you’d have liked to pedal up everything, unassisted in any way, you wouldn’t want to be cheating? 😉

Bearback (on here) do guiding iirc though they have a website too, but it escapes me atm

Edit: what mrwhyte said

tomhoward

Too late to edit, while all the shops do enduro bikes, they don’t all let you use them in the park (or, the insurance wont cover any breakages that happen in the park) so check beforehand.

chrismac

I agree with Mr Whyte. Had an excellent guided week with bearback last year. If you want to do the park then hire a DH bike. If you want to do the trails then there is no lift assistance. Trailforks app is brilliant if you want to self guide in the area but I would recommend bearback. Trying to convince Mrs CM we need to go back next year.

Oh and you will find that their definition of XC is a 150mm full suspension bike as thats what their XC trails warrant

BearBack
    Free Member

Drop us a line if you have any questions.
    bear back biking
    Thanks for the mentions above 🙂

colp

Bearback also sorted out a couple of SC Bronsons for a day for us last year, delivered to their chalet and fully set up for our weight & brakes. Very cheap too.

boltonjon

Brilliant – thanks guys – much appreciated!

Bearback biking – i’ll be in contact 🙂

johnikgriff
    Free Member

As above, bearback…..

DJTC
    Free Member

im here all summer and would be happy to show you around if you would like? i know the trails well in and out of the bike park. its brilliant.

wl
    Free Member

If you ride the park, take the second lift up and do the Garbanzo stuff. The few times I’ve been to Whistler (though not recently) 95% of riders jump off at the first stop and head down to ride the famous jumpy stuff like A Line. For me, the best natural trails were higher up – Goats Gully etc – and were almost empty.

Milkie
    Free Member

If you only have a day then the bike park will satisfy. Trailforks will help you decide on which trails to do.

If you can, ride Top of the World, drop off into Kybers/Kush/Kashmir/BC’s Trail, I love the natural singletrack feel, then back up the Creekside lift.

EDIT: ^^ Take up an offer of someone showing you round, they will be able to satisfy your riding needs! 😉

boltonjon

Thanks again for all your help guys – much appreciated

Have a guiding day booked for Saturday – so should be good

Hey DJTC – does that offer still stand? Have a bike booked for Sunday if you are around?

Cheers

Jon

boltonjon

Thoroughly impressed with Bareback bikes

Andy, my guide was very good – a Scottish lad flipping between NZ & Vancouver (what a life). Went out for a 3 hour blast and rode some of the cool local trails

Hired a 170mm trail bike in the park the next day and done a few runs – didn’t go mental as couldn’t afford to spanner myself on a works trip – but then done several runs with a couple of mental Mexicans – which all got a bit hectic 🙂

Great trails but a hell of a step up between the blues & blacks. A lot of the blacks are DH rig territory only

Here’s hoping that i get another weekend out there with work soon 🙂

DJTC
    Free Member

sorry dude. missed this as i havnt been on here for a while. would have been happy to show you around. next time.

boltonjon

Cheers DJTC – will be out again soon and will give you more notice!! 🙂

DJTC
    Free Member

sounds good.

AdamT

I’m there in 3 weeks. So excited! I probably only have a couple of days to ride, but this thread has been useful.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Whistler Advice’ is closed to new replies.