Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • whinlatter trail conditions
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Anyone ridden Whinlatter trails over the last few days ? Just wondering what the trail conditions were like, any ice hanging about ? Never ridden up there, so no clue as to what the trails are like. Am doing the Whinlatter challenge on Sunday, and wondering whether the full on race tyre choice is a bit unwise 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

I was up there yesterday and conditions were perfect! quite a few puddles around but thats the worst you’ll find.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Nice one thanks for the heads up. Good to know its not muddy or anything, maybe leave the race tyres on 🙂

2hottie
    Free Member

There are a few sections which like last year will be fairly deep with mud,(these aren’t on the normal trail) but you should be able to manage. I used bigger tyres last year and was fairly quick on the downs making places but lost loads on the way back up!! lighter tyres for me this year! I’d recommend getting down early as parking is on a fire road, I think I arrived at 8am and was one of the first there. Also the sign in is a short ride away so factor that in too.

lets hope the weather is as good as last year!

good luck

karnali
    Free Member

weather looks good at present for sunday, neighbour was up yesterday said it was wet with a mixed bag of rain and shine this week. As with previous years will get muddier and more cut up for the 2nd lap in the softer areas. i will be filling my tyres with helium to try and help float up those climbs 😉

whytetrash

Is this a closet “what tyres for Whinlatter?” question Dan…. 😉

Try em out round the Clwyds tomorrow…the dayglo ferrets out on the tango bike!

hughjengin
    Free Member

Is this a closet “what tyres for Whinlatter?

I wouldnt be so bold 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wet and fun, lashed it down on Saturday while I was up there cleaned all the slippy mud off (no honest) and will snow tomorrow, still rideable but bring bigger tyres than you would use dawn sarf.

Whyte1
    Free Member

Tyres Tyres Tyres how boring !!!! 🙄

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘whinlatter trail conditions’ is closed to new replies.