Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Whinlatter Challenge today- how was it for you?
  • Photoplaymedia
    Free Member

Video – we will hopefully be posting a video of the event on singletrack or vimeo / youtube toward the end of the week. Let us know if you'd be intersted.
    Sam (Photoplaymedia)

TomB

Chainline, it was me you towed up the very last climb, I was rabbiting on at you about what on earth that massive front tyre was good for, we finished together. Glad you enjoyed it!

stoney
    Free Member

How do ya feel today Tom ❓

clareymorris

I'm most proud of MrCM. 9th out of the vets in the half enduro, first ever race, on a singlespeed jump bike!!

I did about the same as last year, ie slow, after being a total spaz at the start. Gears too low in loose gravel at the side of the fireroad I just couldn't get going and nearly fell off taking half the riders with me………..sorry all, how embarrasing!!!!!

stoney
    Free Member

Are you coming out to play tomorrow CM 😛

And Good effort to Mr CM

clareymorris

I most certainly am 😉

MrCM had to drive straight to do a gig too at 2:30 – I pity his bandmates hah hah ;-D

stoney
    Free Member

I did have a little help…. At the top of the first hill as you crossed the second lap (before you turned down the ST) My wife N kids were there…..So i got them involved a little and pretended i needed a push. 🙄

dan_cube
    Free Member

@ photoplaymedia

Yup interested

Scarcat67
    Free Member

Yes to photoplaymedia

steve_b77
    Free Member

4hrs 20mins 20 secs for me – I'm happy with that – did loose 15mins to a puncture though due to my pump not wanting to work and having to take it apart trail side 👿

Good day though, I'll be back for more for sure

joebickley
    Free Member

First ever race and i came 23rd. I'd love to say that was overall but i only did the half enduro 🙂

I did the half in 2hr 47mins which means i got lapped by about the top 12 doing the full distance! Im happy with what i did given that i have only just got back on the bike after 3 months off. The front runners must be on another planet fitness wise!

I loved it although the climbs were brutally long, my legs were gone by the end so glad i did the half. The down side for me was the inevitable bottle necks on the singletrack in places especially first half. I knew i could go quicker but there was no chances to pass. People carrying bikes is places was annoying but when your pace and line is held up sometimes i guess you dont have a choice.

Overall i loved it and i will defo be back for the one at grizedale in september and i have definitely got the bug.

JB

Note to self – Sat: cannock + grizedale, Sun: Whinlatter, Mon: Scarfell(hike) seriously destroys your legs!! 🙂

Sancho
    Free Member

3:44 for me, but my back is still aching now
    it was a hard event for sure.
    But a lot of fun. I say that now, but felt battered since Sunday

Photoplaymedia
    Free Member

Video out now at:
    enjoy!
    http://vimeo.com/10426973

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

ppm, cool in it a few times!! In red and white kit!! 8)

Great video, chapeau.

BadlyWiredDog

Nice vid. I like the way it's mostly downhill, I don't quite remember it that way 🙂

Sancho
    Free Member

Woo Im on it at 1:48 in red and white fame beckons

radoggair
    Free Member

initt at beginning on 2nd row of start, but was going too fast as we set offf to get better shot 😉

You did indeed, had a wee chat at the finish as well (after you'd dropped me). You were going well in fairness, thankfully I perked up a bit after the juice van and managed to get to the finish in one piece. Man I hate that 2hr slump I get.

How's the back?

back is in agony, not ridden since. You must of past me as i was fixing puncture at bottom of blue loop descent. Someone said 'unlucky' to me anyway. Got a 1hr 45 min slump for about 15 mins where i felt very weak but felt alright as i rode with you. That drink van was a saviour i think. Be back next year deffo. Rob was a machine though he did hold us up on the descents but on the climbs he was in another league (there was me, him n 2 others for near first lap).

Anyway, those who did it and are doing Kielder, its like that but 3.5 times longer. Best get training 😉 😥 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter Challenge today- how was it for you?’ is closed to new replies.