Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whinlatter
  • warton
    Free Member

What's it like? stopped off at the cafe while doing C2C on saturday, looked like a lot of people there. Trails any good?

fbk
    Free Member

Went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago – really good fun. Each loop is basically up to the top and back down again with a few technical bits thrown in to keep you thinking. Quite short but enough there to warrant a 2nd lap if you're keen.

Great views and good fast decents – I was impressed anyway 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Depends what you're into but I like it. Quite a few jumps/berms etc on the descents and nothing too technical, but nice views. The south loop is better imo and the blue is worth a go as well – as is the BW down to the bottom of the hill.

stumpy01

Been there once & I liked it, although it was wet & very slippery.

Great views and a nice mix of riding. Don't remember too many fireroad slogs either.

J0N
    Free Member

Did the blue with the GF. Was quite impressed. Its no GT blue but had bits of fun. Didn't get the chance to do the Red. include the blue at first for a warm up then do the reds.

failedengineer

Start from Thornthwaite and ride up the bridleway to the start of the trails (and of course back down when you've finished!)Very nice.

pdw
    Free Member

It's good, and the trails aren't as crowded as the busy car park might suggest. Obviously you don't want to go to the Lakes just to ride around a trail centre, but it's a good option if the weather's rubbish or you're pushed for time.

That bridleway down to Thornthwaite is good fun too 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

Which bridleway, sound interesting!

failedengineer

Just find Thornthwaite on the OS map – you'll see the bridleway which goes up from the houses straight up to the visitor centre. easy to find. it's a good descent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter’ is closed to new replies.