Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • While the cats away……….
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Wife and daughter set off to Sheffield to watch Miranda this afternoon.
    This is what me and the boy did with some balloons, food colouring, a pin and my camera:

First attempt – balloon of water hanging from a tree punctured by home made dart (end of a shoe lace and a pin – haven’t made one of those for ages!) fired through a straw (if you look closely you can see the dart on the left of the balloon/water!:

Second attempt balloon on table punctured with pin on end of chopstick yellow food colouring added – camera set to burst:

Before:

During:

After:

Quite impressed I managed to capture the ‘ball’ of water just after the balloon was punctured!

matt_outandabout

What camera?

kimbers

awesome stuff!

BFITH
    Free Member

Nikon D3200….. Still getting used to using a DSLR but getting some good results (as well as some bad!)

petrieboy

That’s amazing!! What’s the FPS on that??

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The yellow ball of water is great!

With a better setting and lighting, you really could get an awesome shot out of that. Good work!

BFITH
    Free Member

Not sure what the frames per second was….just set to multi-burst. shutter speed was 1/2000, ISO 800. I’m new at this sort of thing….just experimenting….

bearnecessities

Massive Dad-tasks envy!

(Oh, and clean garden furniture/remove dead conifer branches etc etc)

BFITH
    Free Member

(Oh, and clean garden furniture/remove dead conifer branches etc etc)

Haven’t got time for that kind of menial tasks! 🙂

rockhopper70

I’m pretty sure those weren’t the tasks you would have been left to complete when the mrs went out for the day.

But yellow water ball is ace.

BFITH
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure those weren’t the tasks you would have been left to complete when the mrs went out for the day.

Quite correct…I think ‘sort out the laundry’ was mentioned, but sometimes there’s more important stuff to do…

petrieboy

Does the camera give you a bunch of shots when you do a burst? That would make a brilliant slow-mo or animated gig…..

BFITH
    Free Member

Does the camera give you a bunch of shots when you do a burst? That would make a brilliant slow-mo or animated gig…..

Yep…if you keep your finger on the shutter release it will keep on taking shots until you take your finger off…

tacopowell
    Free Member

Excellent job, It’s things like this I look forward too doing!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘While the cats away……….’ is closed to new replies.