• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which XC/AM tyres? Maxxis? Schwalbe?
  • scunny
    Free Member

I’ve looked at way too many tyres in the past few days to come to any decision. Been looking and the Maxxis Advantage the Aspen and the High Roller.

Buy a pair? Get different front and rear?

After something a bit bigger than the 2.1 Ignitors i’m currently running. Find that they’re slipping a bit round the Peaks where I usually ride.

peachos
    Free Member

conti rubber queens or the new mountain king

ruscle
    Free Member

+1 on the conti rubber queens, 2.2 are massive, or you can get the conti X-king 2.4 for a slightly rounder profile.

jam-bo

advantages. best tyres I’ve found for years.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Minion DHF 2.35 up front with an avdantage 2.1 or crossmark 2.1 rear. For drier conditions are more xc biased I use advantage front, crossmark rear.

SOAP
    Free Member

Advantage 2.25 are mint! Crossmark rear for trail centres. Goes like sh*t off a shovel.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I know tyres are a personal thing… but Advantages were merely average for me, and there are better ones out there IMO.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

racing ralphs are a very good tyre. the conti’s ive had have been crap without fail…especially the mountain kings!

peachos
    Free Member

crap without fail…especially the mountain kings!

they’ve been redesigned now…

rocketman
    Free Member

You want some of them prototype Schwalbe Hans Dampfs

Bagstard
    Free Member

Bontrager Big Earl wets for me.

neninja
    Free Member

Another thumbs up for 2.2 Rubber Queen black chilli

stuartkendall
    Free Member

The classic panaracer fire xc pros for me

grum
    Free Member

Bontrager Big Earl wets for me.

This. I used to use HRs but much prefer the Big Earls now. They were doing them for £20 at Evans but they seem to have run out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which XC/AM tyres? Maxxis? Schwalbe?’ is closed to new replies.