Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • which would be more comfortable ?
  • iainc

Assuming same contact points, dropper posts etc. A compliant 120mm steel hardtail (26 Soul) or a short rear travel alloy FS (new Anthem SX). Typically tight natural stuff, woods, occasonal trail centres and the odd big day in the hills.

Not seriously considering changing from the Soul but interested in views.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Full sus obviously. Have you ridden in a car with no suspension recently?

Which would be the most fun, easiest to clean and maintain, cheapest etc etc… They are all other questions.

iainc

Neil – yes, used to have a 5 😀 not wholly sure how much more comfy a 100mm rear travel alloy frame is over a nice steel HT though, hence the query.

Totally agree re fun, maintainance etc, which was much of the reasoning behind chopping in a 5 and a RL853 last spring to get the Soul 🙂

bikeneil
    Free Member

I did the same. Went from a 5″ full sus to a Solaris and have now just swapped back to a Niner RIP 9. And, i’m loving it. I convinced my self that the Solaris was all the bike i “NEEDED”. But not what i “WANTED”.

Although i absolutely love the Solaris i just find full sus bikes more fun. Each to their own i suppose…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Anthem will be much more comfy, especially on climbs.

iainc

Hmmmm :-). The new Anthem SX is I think superb value at well under 2k with bike club discount….. Think might get a demo !

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

New canyon fat bike dude cf with bluto fork under 2k as well iain!.

iainc

LOL nobeer 🙂 I had a wee sit on that Genesis Caribou in Sprockets yesterday too….might go for a demo on it !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘which would be more comfortable ?’ is closed to new replies.