Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which wireless thermostat?
  • jam-bo

Honeywell? Or something else?

Flaperon

Heatmiser.

trail_rat
    Free Member

that the wifi controlled one flaperon ? has anyone got real world expriance with them yet ? i read a review of them that basically said – over complicated and prone to freezing.

stuck with a basic salus rt500 – £35 quid . on rusty macs recomendation

Ill upgrade to something like a heatmiser IF i ever come across the chance to have a play first

Flaperon

Different between wireless and wifi thermostats.

Never tried the wifi one though suspect it might be as you say. Wireless ones work great (but obviously only talk to the controller.)

Harry_the_Spider

Can’t fault our Honeywell.

neninja
    Free Member

I would be interested in this. We have a thermostat in a stupid location which I would like to replace with a wireless one. Totally basic offering purely a thermostat with no programming etc.

trail_rat
    Free Member

nenenja – why would you want no programming ?

– not having a go just curious .

stumpy01

We’ve got a controller with wireless thermostat that does hot water & heating. It’s brilliant. It’s a Honeywell.

I think they also do thermostats on their own.

Bear
    Free Member

Use Honeywell almost exclusively, good product.

neninja
    Free Member

Trail_rat – I’m not planning on changing the control panel, just want to relocate the thermostat. Would it not mess with the control panel having programming on the thermostat aswell? I’m no plumber so want to keep it simple.

midlifecrashes

I have three of those Salus RT500RF ones in rental houses, not quite as easy to programme as the Honeywell mostly down to very badly written instructions, easy enough when you get your head round it, but never had one go wrong.

They are normally set up to bypass any programmer on the boiler panel.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which wireless thermostat?’ is closed to new replies.