Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • which welsh trail centre for mtb virgin mate.
  • biscuit
    Free Member

A mate wants to go away for a weekend and try out some mountainbiking. I thought a trail centre would be a good bet. Now i've only ever ridden afan and cwmcarn when it comes to trail centres. Id like to try another one really, which one would you recommend? Id be lending him my hardtail, which would see me lugging around an sx trail, not ideal, but its the best i can do.

I'm looking at llandegla, or coed y brenin, the former looks like it has some easier routes for my pal? Any ideas or other suggestions?

And if these suggestions are combined with a place to stay, well that would be marvellous.

Ta

devs
    Free Member

llandegla. Easiest and most fun for a newbie.

mAx_hEadSet

New trails opening all the time at Llandegla. Llandegla will replay your efforts with a good fun ride, i ride a hard tail around the whole lot without any problems as well as a g spot. If you want to get your pal bitten with mtb then Llandegla is the one, CyB for novices the long routes the climbs can be a bit too much if they are not enthusiastic

snowslave

+1 for llandegla

ji
    Free Member

Or if you do go to Coed, then start with the Temptyr (sp?) trail. Llandegla would be best though I reckon.

biscuit
    Free Member

cheers, i think thats the basis of a plan, only 280 odd miles to drive too, practically local!

timber

Have been around Brechfa Green and Blue with the GF while she gets used to riding off road, pretty all do able after initially tring some Nant yr Arian sections, track width was main issue.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Another vote for Llandgla.

I don't like the place but for a beginner its terrific. good facilities not very scary

Colin-T

I always used to take neophytes to the Penhydd trail at Afan. Without exception, they all loved it. A great mix of fun and achievable challenge (especially if you miss out Frog Corner) although Hidden Valley can be a bit off-putting for the less gung-ho types. Depends on your mate's attitude/courage really.

colski

+1 for Penhydd

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘which welsh trail centre for mtb virgin mate.’ is closed to new replies.