• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by james.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which waterproof shorts?
  • Lakes_Puma

I’m getting tired of having a wet @rse on rides so fancy some waterproof shorts.

I’ve seen the Endura MT500 Spray which look good, any others I should be looking at?

chakaping
    Free Member

Those just have a waterproof bit on the bum don’t they?

I’ve got a Royal pair with a similar feature and they are good when it’s been raining, but get soaked through pretty quick if there’s actually wet stuff coming out of the sky or even big puddles.

Never had a pair of proper waterproof shorts that didn’t fail sooner tyhan I’d have liked, but Altura Attack lasted best.

cinnamon_girl

*I think* Evans have reduced some Gore Alp X.

northshoreniall

I have the MT500 spray – good if damp under tyre, but when raining they soak through on the top, only backside proofed. And if end up having hike-a-bike the liner gets sodden so chafing may ensue. Saying that still like them loads, if proper lashing down I just go with MT500 Lycra as going get wet anyway.

jota180
    Free Member

Something like these over Lycra, chopped off to suit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371007015952

scaled
    Free Member

Proper waterproof?

http://startcycles.co.uk/bike-wear/bottoms-trousers/scott-helium-paclite-waterproof-cycling-shorts.html

They’re a bit sweaty in the warm but if it’s warm then sod it, get wet 😀

darkslider
    Free Member

Quite like my Madison Tempest, however as said, no waterproof shorts will last forever they do seem to be more prone to wear than a tough pair of trail shorts, mine are showing signs of wear/thinning round the bum but I have been commuting on the road bike in them too.

mcdonagh2962
    Free Member

I agree with jota 180 , me and all my mates use these cut to knee level ,sew the hem and buy some braces 100% waterproof and only £15 ish

downhilldave

Plus one for Gore Alp X. Also have some Mt 500 spray baggies which are good not totally waterproof.

beargotsoul

Scott Helium great short if you can find them.

wiggles
    Free Member

Got the mt500 spray and they are great for well spray… And not stupidly hot as normal material at the front.

james
    Free Member

Endura now do a full waterproof MT500 as well now. Just gets confusing trying to find them online, as many list the spray baggy as waterproof when you’re searching

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which waterproof shorts?’ is closed to new replies.