Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which washing machine?
  • letmetalktomark

Our current Hotpoint, whilst still washing fine, is so loud that you can hear it standing outside of the house 😯

Been looking around but all seem much of a muchness 😕

I used to do “electrical retail” ten years ago but things have moved on considerably.

Are the big brands still as good as they were; Bosch, miele etc?

Not looking for anything too lavish as there is only the two of us ad don’t need the drier aspect.

Any recommendations?

Any to steer well clear of?

Cheers,

MArk

ourmaninthenorth

We bought the lowest spec Miele a few years ago. Perfect, and as quiet as I’ve heard. But, it did cost around £500, so may be out of budget….

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^

Same experience here as ourmaninthenorth.

soulrider
    Free Member

Zanussi

only one to get – solid, reliable good at what they do and you can get a bloody good one for £300 or wait til the sale and get a really good one for £300

cinnamon_girl

Another vote for Miele. Their entry level stuff is fine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Go to your library, read “which”, choose accordingly.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

is it just the bearing that’s gone

£8 for a new one and despite being told by a white goods engineer that it was impossible to do (he told me the bolts were ‘glued’ in, it was just red loctite and they were torx so easy to remove) it was a half hour job and the new bearing has lasted 4 years so far.

It’s only possible if the ‘spider’ holding the bearing to the drum is not plastic, ours is cast so i just drifted the new bearing in with a big hammer

The-Trail-Builder
    Free Member

Washing machines last longer with calgon ! ! ! :mrgreen:

matthewjb
    Free Member

Another vote for Miele here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which washing machine?’ is closed to new replies.