Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Which v brakes
  • asboboy
    Free Member

I’ve been doing a few things on an old carrera banshee hardtail that ive had in shed for a long time now. The problem i have is, i had to change the shifters and put on a pair ofSHIMANO XT SL-M750 9 SPEED SHIFTERS PODS which dont fit too good with the brake levers that were on there. I,ve bedn searching for a pair of XT v brake levers to match but as i’m unemployed and looking after my kids they seem a bit on the pricey side cheepest being
    around £35 – £45 i know it dont sound a lot but to me on my budget at mo, it is a weeks ellectricity. I was wondering if anyone knows or any cheeper but still good quality alternatives that will match the shifters. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

somafunk

I recently fitted a set of clarks v-brakes to a mates about-town bike, very impressed wi them as they came with stainless cables/outer housing and brake blocks with levers for the princly sum of £20 – i’d have no qualms about fitting them to any bike i own as they are decent levers and the v-brakes are nicely forged alloy with all metal construction.

£20 clarks complete v-brake set here

andrewh
    Free Member

Jeez, that’s a lot of electric!
    anyway, Avid SDx brake levers can be had for very cheap off fleabay and work well with XT M750 shifters with or without the windows on,should be able to get a pair for a fiver, IRRC that’s what my SD1 levers sold for.
    but the electric? That’s twice what we spend, a family of four in a drafty old farm house. If there’s no particular reason why your consumption would be high you should look at changing supplier…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Which v brakes’ is closed to new replies.