• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • which UST specific 29er rim?
  • yossarian
    Free Member

go on then, which one?

looking for something fairly lightweight, fairly wide and not too worried about cost tbh

cheers

njee20
    Free Member

There are none…

Mavic do the 'C29ssmax' wheelsets but there are no UST 29er rims out there.

If by UST you just mean tubeless then the Stan's Crest 29er has to be the one.

Ringo
    Free Member

Stans I've got arch which are reasonably wide

RealMan
    Free Member

Stans +1

yossarian
    Free Member

thanks

I was actually looking for a UST specifc rim and tyre combo but I'll probably end up using the stans rim/system

Ringo
    Free Member

Stans are great anyhoo

njee20
    Free Member

In that case your only option is the C29ssmax, I'm struggling to think of tyres too, Bontrager ones are Tubeless Ready, Hutchinson may do some.

thomthumb
    Free Member

geax do ust 29er tyres

Clink

The Bonty rims with their rim strips are very easy to run tubeless, probably easier than Stans. Try Chevin cycles.

MSP

You don't need rimstrips with stans rims, just the tape. They are p!ss easy and I never had a problem inflating the tyres, which I hear can be a problem with others.

stans arch if you want a wide one.

Clink

You don't need rimstrips with stans rims, just the tape

Rimstrips probably easier to fit – each to their own. 😀
    Just thing the Bonty system is not well known but a good solid system.

R2
    Free Member

WTB are going to launch a new range of rims and TCS tyres sometime soon me hears.

MSP

Clink – Member

Rimstrips probably easier to fit – each to their own.

How hard is it to run some tape round the rim? You would have to be some kind of cack handed moron to mess that up, 1 roll of tape will do 4 rims, works out about 1/8 the price of the rimstrip, and is lighter.
    I see no advantage to the rimstrips on a stans rim at all.

yossarian
    Free Member

You would have to be some kind of cack handed moron to mess that up

[puts hand up]

it will be rim strips for me 🙂

Sam

The bonty duster rims and strips are great – shame they no longer make them… There are no rim only UST certified rims available. The only UST certified tyres I know of are Hutchinson. Pretty sure the Geax ones are what they call TNT (tube, no tube). For your stated criteria I'd say Stans are your best choice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘which UST specific 29er rim?’ is closed to new replies.