Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Which UK holiday with a toddler?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

Looks like we’re trying to plan our first week away with a 2 year old. Can anyone suggest anything good? He likes animals, water and sand!

Thanks

steveoath
    Free Member

We took ours to bluestone in Wales and it was great. Not too busy as we went during Scottish school holiday.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Our first holiday with our 2yr old was to Mull. Hired a Glengorm castle cottage. Plenty good days out, Calgary beach not far , accessible by car so you can load up, Tobermory very handy too.

It was Lephin cottage

http://www.glengormcastle.co.uk/?post_selfcatering=lephin-cottage

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lamlash on arran Dan, oak bank farm cottages, based on a farm so plenty animals, awesome beach 50 metres away with its seals, 4 great eateries within ten minutes walk, crabbing from the pier….

Truly a chillfest, with activities all over the island if needed. Give me an email if ye want more info.

Paul-B

Another shout for Bluestone. The site is great, loads to do with a toddler. There’s Folly Farm a short drive away for animals and Tenby isn’t far either for sand.

We took our 4 month old last year and found it great. Going back again this year. Taking the bikes this time to get around on.

andy4d

Cornwall, book a cottage on a farm like Higher Laity. I highly recommend it. A long way from Glasgow but loads to do, places to go with the little fella and beaches galore, big ones at St Ives etc, small ones at portreath etc. We did it for about 5 years in a row when ours were younger. Not been for a few years now and really miss it.

hooja
    Free Member

Rent my house in Cornwall 😉
    Let them bomb around the big secure garden
    Hang out at the quiet beaches down the road
    Cycle/walk round the woods
    Be entertained at the big sheep and otter sanctuary and many petting zoo’s
    Several soft play, wet day options a few miles in either direction
    As you can guess, we have a toddler too, I’m a pro at toddler activities now!

perchypanther
    Free Member

+1 for Cornwall…….. But the drive from Glasgow is a bitch. 10 hours minimum, as many as 15 if the traffic is against you on a hot summer Saturday and everyone is heading for the coast.
    I have been going for 20 odd years and will be on my way again in 8 weeks.

jimplops

We’ve booked a week in the FoD for our first holiday, staying at castlemain mill.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

There’s a flight from Glasgow to Newquay on a propellor plane!

Which towns are worth looking at? Google is just throwing up absolutely tons of crap, white noise, I can’t make sense of it. Play and swimming plus the beaches and fun places to eat would be good.

djglover
    Free Member

We’ve been to Cornwall loads, it’s fantastic, off on Monday for the week. We generally stay here http://www.thevalleycornwall.co.uk/welcome, with the beaches and stuff like Dairy land you can’t go wrong.

Also Anglesey or the Llyn, we’ve done 3 times, loads of castles, the green woods theme park is great too. Aquarium and Butterfly zoo…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Northumberland. Alnwick Alnmouth sort of dchizzle. Did exact same. Best holiday we’ve ever had

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cornwall for sure, miles better than Northumberland, LOADS of other kids to keep your rugrat company.
    Or you could take him/her fishing somewhere. 😉

sparksmcguff

Our first holiday was Cornwall… beautiful beaches scenery and stuff. St Ives area.

sparksmcguff

Our first holiday was Cornwall… beautiful beaches scenery and stuff. St Ives area.

perchypanther
    Free Member

NOT Newquay. Stag dos and grungy surf bums.
    Anywhere else will be generally lovely. You’ll need a car when you’re there to make the most of it.

andy4d

I find the beaches on the north coast of Cornwall better. Agree about avoiding Newquay. St Ives is nice but busy. We stayed central near Redruth. Not much In Redruth itself but had a car and found it well located for everything. Eden is worth a look. You can’t really go too wrong I have found. Stayed at 3 different places over the 5 years and all were good in different ways. Never had a bad experience. We used higher laity farm near redruth and valley brook on the south coast a few times. Would recommend a hire car if you are flying down. We just drove and 10-12 hrs is the drive. But worth it.

sadexpunk

cornwall seems to be the pat answer, but just as an alternative, when ours were ickle we found norfolk was great for its fair share of animal parks, beaches etc.
    same with isle of wight, plus you got the dinosaur park there.

jekkyl

any holiday you fancy. toddlers dgas where they are.

BillOddie

BLUESTONE!!!!

It’s ace for kids of various ages and a lovely (and less busy) part of the world too!

And (braces for flaming) had some nice holidays at CenterParcs when my two were littler.

crankboy
    Free Member

At two cranbrat and we loved a cottage on the wild West coast of Scotland. We went with friends with a similar age offspring. Puddle suits and wellies for splashing in streams tidal pools and sea , beaches for sand castles , visitor centers for ice cream , village playground for swings and slides and lakes for throwing stones and rocks .The highlights were the mini diggers and ferry to cross loch Long and logging trucks. Two year olds make their own fun.

steveoath
    Free Member

Didn’t notice you were glasgow. The drive to Bluestone from Glasgow was horrible. I tried to do it on an overnight so jnr and mrsoath could sleep. First time i’ve been carsick while driving, some right twisty roads through wales. But the location was great when we got there.

csb

Another ‘posh’ option would be the park at Mawgan Porth, streamliner caravans, deli, saunas etc. Expensive enough to deter chavs. That drive to Cornwall would be horrific though. We’ve been with our toddlers to somewhere we thought we never would – a caravan park. Greenacres near porthmadog, beautiful beach, pool, near bike trails and steam trains. Kids absolutely love it and out of holidays not too chavvy.

DrJ

At two cranbrat and we loved a cottage on the wild West coast of Scotland

Surely a better idea than driving to Cornwall?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Longleat Center Parcs (free pool with slides, beach at the lake), with the safari next door.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Which UK holiday with a toddler?’ is closed to new replies.