Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which tyres…….for Moab?
  • strike
    Free Member

Off to Moab for the first time late next month and mulling over tyre choices…… From what I have read I need something wide/large volume and tough. Being a big Schwalbe fan my first thoughts are Hans Dampf Snakeskin 27.5×2.35, tubeless.

Anyone else previously ridden Moab and have any thoughts/input?

Thanks-in-advance.

dragon
    Free Member

Looks a bit too knobbly to me, I’d run something much less tread through the middle, as you’ll be riding on rocks and dust mostly. (NB: I’ve not been to Moab but have ridden Fruita which i believe is very similar.)

strike
    Free Member

Yes I think you’re right in that Fruita isn’t that different! perhaps A Rock Razor at least on the rear then?

deserter
    Free Member

I’ve been twice and just used whatever tyres were on my bike, it’s like riding on sandpaper so you will burn through them anyway

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I’ve ridden out there loads. I always just put some old tyres on that I don’t mind seeing the end of. The surface (sand paper as has been said) just rips through them. Tough though; they need to be tough, it’s rocky.

What tyres for sand traps…there are lots of those and unless there’s been a bit of rain to stick it together, you’ll be wiggling about trying to keep a straight line no matter what tyres you’re running.

The thick side wall version of the Hans Dampf sound good to me.

There’s a lot more dirt trails in Fruita compared to Moab’s rocks but similar I suppose.

Enjoy your trip. Very envious!

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Good to see I’m consistent with my advice!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which tyres…….for Moab?’ is closed to new replies.