Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which theatre seat's……
  • carlos
    Free Member

Are going to give the better view/experience.

For Mrs Carlos birthday she’d like to go and watch a West End production, so planning a few nights in that there London. Travel and hotels aren’t a problem but having never watched a West End show before I’m stuck on which seats to book.

Do I go for Circle and as near to the balcony as possible OR Stalls and near to the stage? Tickets are similar price so thats not an issue.

Cheers

Rob_S
    Free Member

I would say the stalls. The circle can seem a bit far away.

southbeds
    Free Member

Go to the GLOBE on Bankside,pay £5 as a groundling, and stand while resting your head and arms on the stage,you can,t get any closer than that

carlos
    Free Member

Cheers Rob, thats what I’m thinking. Just seems to obvious 😕

Southbeds – its not about getting as close as poss, I’ve watched stuff at the cinema, sat in the first few rows and it was shite.

Anyone else?

Northwind

No simple answer tbh, depends on the house and the show- some work really well from a low/front seating but others really benefit from a wider perspective.

Andy_B

Have a search for theatremonkey and look up each venue

BigJohn

Phone the theatre and ask.

I assume your apostrophes are silent.

matthewjb
    Free Member

As others have said, it depends.

If it’s a small theatre then circle is fine. And can be better if it’s a big production. I saw Les Mis at the Queen’s from the Circle. I wouldn’t have wanted to be lower down.

carlos
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

She’s wanting to watch Wicked at the Apollo Victoria.

Might give the theatre a call and book direct at the same time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which theatre seat's……’ is closed to new replies.