• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which summer jacket?
  • Gaz6r4
    Free Member

Just as per the title really.

The main thing im looking for is to be very breathable, but still a bit of waterproofing and stop wind chill. Cycling styled with the longer back is probably preferable.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ideal for summer lovin’

be careful though….it happens so fast.

scaredypants

perchy, have you got anything lighter, bright/hi-vis, maybe reflective ?

jimmy

Madison Flux. Feeling smug add the recent eBay 20% event part-funded mine.

RustySpanner

Something brighter?

northernmatt

Got and Endura Gridlock which I’ve used once in anger and it’s pretty good so far.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

For summer I have a montane featherlite mountain Pertex jacket that comes in a small pocket the size of an inner tube/Apple, 150g max, stowed in my pack, had it on the other week in a howling Gail and light rain, heavy mud and with just that and a base layer I was snug, and wind proof .

makes me careful too as one crash and It’ll be knackered

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Summer? Jacket? Eh?

Taps aff!!!

iainc

Howies DFYI lives in the backpack for such purposes, handy for windchill and light showers

Gaz6r4
    Free Member

Summer? Jacket? Eh?

Summer up here merely means less wind and rain than usual!

burko73

I tried a madison flux, felt good. Weighing it up between that and an endura mtr?

iainc

^^^^ is it the Superlite flux softshell one you are looking at ? If so I have that and the Endura mtr emergency shell. The Endura is much more minimalist, rolls away to nothing, and goes in bag on days when it may rain, or long trips on hills. If it starts out wet I tend to use the Madison, which breathes well and can easily be worn all day. The Madison feels a bit more substantial, but still very light in comparison to a hardshell. I rate them both 🙂

Gaz6r4
    Free Member

The packable version of the Flux looks like it could be a contender, nicely priced too.

Keva
    Free Member
    iainc

this is the flux one I have :

here

and the MTR as linked above. The Endura packs up waaay smaller

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which summer jacket?’ is closed to new replies.