Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • which "STW Approved" low running cost printer?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Hi STW, I’m in dire need of an all-in-one printer for my kid to take to uni, but must take individual colour cartridges and must not be “Epson”, …I am happy with an HP which I currently have for 2 years without problem but the newer models has all colour in one cartridge which is a bit silly as you have to replace all when you only ran out of just 1 colour..

It must also be able to take generic brand cartridges without sensor problem.

I like the Canon but they also have colours in just 1 cartridge.

zilog6128

Does it have to be colour? A cheap mono laser from a decent brand like HP, Brother, etc. would be my choice by a mile. Massively cheaper prints & more reliable (which from experience is important when you’re printing out coursework 10 minutes before deadline!) than inkjet. Campus print services should be reasonable on the odd occasion he needs colour.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Colour laser is a good option these days. Cheap enough and doesn’t break every time you look at it like inkjets.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why does he need a printer ? None of my three took a printer (admittedly one is a dancer !)

chrisdw
    Free Member

Definitely mono laser. The basic brother one is brilliant.
    Colour in the library when needed.

project
    Free Member

to save ink when printing, go to properties click on fast as opposed to best orwhatever is there, printer will speed up and use a lot less ink

falkirk-mark

I use HP instant ink not sure if its what you are looking for but it works for us.

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/ads/instant-ink/overview.html

jam-bo

Just go to the library.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘which "STW Approved" low running cost printer?’ is closed to new replies.