Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Which Stane for a beginner?
  • scotabroad

What is it that you lot don't get about this….?

ho hum 🙄

EuroClive
    Free Member

Hey Scotabroad, hope the bike shopping is going well, have you made a decision yet? How you getting on with the skills? 😕

Diane
    Free Member

Bangin on – nice one 🙂

scotabroad

Hey Scotabroad, hope the bike shopping is going well, have you made a decision yet? How you getting on with the skills?

Hi Clive – I reckon the Genesis Core 50 has it, gets good reviews, pretty good ride from what you can tell from round a car park and along a path, and pretty well specced, and light as well. Not too keen on the purple colour but what the hey, just waiting on my voucher now. Skills coming along, still can't wheelie for sh##!! 😉

Trekster

Scotabroad
    We are starting from Wamphray on Tues. IanM is coming with us. Parking at his house with a slight change to route

scotabroad

We are starting from Wamphray on Tues. IanM is coming with us. Parking at his house with a slight change to route

I will follow the leader! Who's Ian M again?

Dair
    Free Member

Guys! What on earth happened?! I turn my back on the thread for a few days and a fight breaks out!

Actually, I'm fairly comfortable with this fight, because it appears to be driven by the fact that Scotland, and in particular Dumfriesshire, has an abundance of great riding and great people to show it off.

so…what was the verdict? Here are a few of Mrs Dair's thoughts about Drumlanrig:

Pros: Natural challenge (didn't feel man-made), different, good for bike handling, not scary, in the forest, fun, no overly steep climbs or descents, not hopping off her bike every two minutes, ability to mix and match (could dip in and out of blue/red), flexible bike hire (1hr, 3hr and full day), friendly and positive advice.

Cons: Wider selection of cakes would be welcome…

Rating: 8/10

I was very happy towing Mrs D round Drumlanrig. There weren't any nasty surprises – apart from how unfazed she was by the maze of routes (give her time…) – but there was plenty enough going on to make it challenging.

Rik gave very good advice, and the lad in the shop (sorry, can't remember your name!) was really friendly and helped with the overall vibe of the day, which was a big thumbs up!

Cheers, dudes.

banginon

😀

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Which Stane for a beginner?’ is closed to new replies.