Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which SS Tensioner
  • greasystain
    Free Member

What tensioner for a fun XC bike?

greasystain
    Free Member

Bumpty bump!

BigDummy
    Free Member

One is spring-loaded and has a jockey wheel, the other is not sprung and has a roller. I'm pretty doubtful that either of them is particularly fun, or particularly XC.

Just make sure you don't end up being given a DMR Tension Seeker, as the Mark 1 version is not compatible with a singlespeed chain. Although you probably knew that already, most people do. 😉

dickydutch

Im about to change to a Surly Singleator. Ive heard lots of good things about them. They are around 30 quid though!

ash.addy
    Free Member

I ordered the sprung loaded one didn't work basically chain kept slipping due to the lack of tension, then got the roller type which works fine.

Farticus

Yess ETR-V, now only £28 on CRC? Seems like they're half the price they were a year ago!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I ordered the sprung loaded one didn't work basically chain kept slipping due to the lack of tension, then got the roller type which works fine.

Same here. I've recently bought one of the Alfine tensioners though, but haven't tried it yet:

Pierre

I've got a couple of Surly Singleators, I've used DMR Tension Seekers and something akin to your first photo in the past.

The Singleator is great and allows you to run in "push up" rather than "pull down" position too, which increases chain wrap around the sprocket (or freewheel), which should help prevent your chain jumping under load.

: P

coopersport1
    Free Member

On One Doofer has been doing me well for about 18months now, just had to put a bit of locktite on the bolt though to stop it rettling loose

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which SS Tensioner’ is closed to new replies.