Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • which ss cog for hope pro2 rear wheel
  • firestarter
    Free Member

due to the freehub being made of cheese i wanted a thicker based one. surly/andel are just short of 5mm , some of the gusset ones are 7mm and there is a superstar cnc one that has a 10mm base.

im presuming the surly/andel last longer but the fact the superstar is 10mm width is appealing for the pro2.

any thoughts ?

MSP

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17774

Thats what I am running on a hope hub.

firestarter
    Free Member

have you inspected it at all 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    igm

Might as well chuck On-One Groove Armada into the mix – I think they might be on offer.

That said I'll be running a Surly when I build it up.

bakey

Surly from Charlie for me.

firestarter
    Free Member

used surly before i just wasnt sure about the alu freehub as they get damaged easy enough from just a cassette

epicyclo

I run the On-One and the Surly cogs on my Hope hub without any problem.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

another vote for gusset double six http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17775

run it on my pro2 and its awesome, no marking after about 200 miles including some trail centres in south wales (not that that makes any difference)

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers chaps

ononeorange

Surly for me (yes, from Charlie!), admittedly haven't inspected it for a while.

MSP

firestarter – Member

have you inspected it at all

Yep, its on my commuter, having run it for about 6 months, 100km a week, recently moved and have a hillier route into work, so swapped the 14t for a 17t, found no marking on the cog.

firestarter
    Free Member

Thanks again

Kamikirk
    Free Member

are these "cogs" / Sprockets compatable with the DMR conversion kit or do you need gusset spacers for gusset sprockets and so forth.

I am curious as i have Pro II's that i intend to SS and have ordered a DMR kit already but was concerened about the alu freehub so have a gusset sprocket incoming also ….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘which ss cog for hope pro2 rear wheel’ is closed to new replies.