Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which SS 29er?
  • mlucas666
    Free Member

I get into work today after a couple of weeks off to be told that my employer has finally enrolled in the cycle2work scheme.

I’ve been wanting to pick up a SS 29er for a while now, and this seems like the ideal opportunity to do it.

From two local shops I can get either a Cannondale 2013 Trail SL 29er SS for £599 or Genesis Fortitude single speed for £849.

Lots of pros and cons for each but I was hoping to hear some experiences of either bike.

franki
    Free Member

I’ve had the Fortitude SS for several months now and I think it’s a fantastic bike. Really can’t fault it.*
    Handling is superb up or down. Belts along easily enough, lively but stable. I’ve ridden it in a variety of conditions over different terrain and it’s just great.
    I rode it for 60k over a pretty demanding course at the CYB Enduro at the weekend (my first enduro on a SS) and it coped admirably. I was able to push the pace a bit on the climbs and (although I got a bit of a battering from the rigid forks over so many rocks,) take the descents at a reasonable speed.
    I don’t have a geared / suspended bike now, but don’t miss it as I enjoy riding the Fortitude so much!

* Except that the brake levers catch the top tube if you bin it and the bars spin round. 😥

letmetalktomark

Another happy Fortitude* owner here.

I think Tweeks were knocking out the singlespeed pretty cheap recently too ….

* Mine is the adventure but with an 8sp alfine

rOcKeTdOg

Them cannondales sure are purdy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which SS 29er?’ is closed to new replies.