Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • which small van?
  • breninbeener

My daughters are off to college v soon, so i dont need an estate for all of us and our stuff. A small van really appeals, though i may be able to justify a T5 in true STW style.

If i went down the Caddy Maxi, Transit Connect lwb or Fiat Doblo Cargo etc, what makes the most sense? It would have to be my daily driver, and i lift share so sometime have upto 3 others in the vehicle.

Anyone got any recommendations or stories of great joy and freedom from having such a vehicle?

Thanks

Ian

duncancallum

all depends on how much, I like the nissan nv200 cheap to run and reliable

STW answer caddi maxi

maccruiskeen

and i lift share so sometime have upto 3 others in the vehicle.

well a small van that could do that would be… an estate car

breninbeener

Its v v rate there are the 4 of us so it was just thinking out loud there. The nv200 looks good. I hadnt thought of it before. Is it a Nissan product or like the vauxhall/renault/nissan badge engineering platform?

duncancallum

it is a renault engine the 1500 dci unit. does about 50mpg

I am not sure of the platform I think its nissan they drive well

I did work at a dealership for a while

TheBrick
    Free Member

I have a fiat scudo, so a bit bigger closer to t5 size but I would not recommend it. Poor reliability and difficult to work on.

maccruiskeen

Is it a Nissan product

Completely Nissan (although Nissan is really Nissan/Renault) – some are badged as a Mitzubishi. Newer models are built in Spain

They have quite a poor NCAP rating if that matters

Its v v rate there are the 4 of us

rare as in never? or rare as in you need 4 seats?

Brainflex

Suzuki APV, awesome little van.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I just got a lwb tranny conny from http://www.roywoodtransits.co.uk for quite a nice price.

I like it a lot, would love a custom but impossible to justify.

breninbeener

Thanks. I will check that site out too 🙂

oldtalent
    Free Member

I’m liking my nv200 combi, just that bit bigger than other manufactures when I was looking. 2m long with the rear most seats & the 2 seater bench removed. Leaves 3 seats with room for at least 3 bikes straight in upright, more with front wheels removed.
    Would have preferred the van at the time, but extra tax, insurance, tolls, trips to the tip etc put me off. In hindsight the combi is far more flexible.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

the mercedes citan, come in similiar price to the vw, peugeot etc

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘which small van?’ is closed to new replies.