Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which Sleeping bag??
  • carlos
    Free Member

Spent the last hour and a half looking at all sorts of sleeping bags and now more confused than ever from the choice. I'm after something that'll only get used a couple of times a year in the spring, summer and early autumn months, not silly warm when inside as I'd rather wear jog pants if cold and cheap. Seen a couple at Millets in town this is one – http://www.millets.co.uk/camping/sleeping-equipment/sleeping-bags/product/096324.html

What does the STW crowd recommend??

Thanks
    Carl

flatfish
    Free Member

Somebody is bound recommend alpkit soon.

snugpack

pedalhead
    Free Member

Alpkit is way overkill for a couple of uses per year. Just get something very cheap & rated as three season.

carlos
    Free Member

I think for fourteen quid I'm going for the one in the link.

I think you skipped the word CHEAP in the OP

Pickers

Snugpak +1
    Travelpak Lite. Much smaller pack size, much lighter, £26 so not too pricey. Should be plenty warm enough for 2 and a bit season stuff.

ElShalimo

Carlos – if you're going to have to carry it for any period of time then buy the lightest you can find.
    If you're not bothered about weight/bulk then just buy anything with a decent temperature rating, say 5degC if you're not going out when a risk of frost

rusky
    Free Member

I got a Karrimore Demon (3 season) from Blacks yesterday. Reduced from £70 to £15

willard

Tesco do an ultralight that is good for that sort of season. I think the "extreme" rating is about -9 C, but the comfort is near +2.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

After half freezing to death in my daft ultralite sleeping bag recently, I went for the old man option – a huge great Vango Nitestar 350. It's SO comfy and warm but packs down to the size of a small truck and weighs 19 tonnes.

Not going to be hiking with it so thought "sod it!"

http://www.vango.co.uk/sleeping-bags/nitestar-mummy-350.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which Sleeping bag??’ is closed to new replies.