Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which slackerizer type for giant trance or cube acid
  • cookci
    Free Member

I need pointing in the correct direction a little please. Both my bikes are about 69 degrees so im looking at experimenting a little on one or both with a slackerizer!!

How do i know which type to buy for a 2014 giant trance 29er and a cube acid 2016 29er?

Thanks
    Christian

wiggles
    Free Member

Measure the internal diamter of your headtube at the top and bottom and usually need the length as well.

cookci
    Free Member

Do i need to remove the current headset before measuring?

blastit
    Free Member

Slackerizer Angle Headset – 2 Degree
    T7-2 EC44/ZS56 100-110mm Taper Steerer

Put this Superstar one on my medium Trance 29 and its Fab

cookci
    Free Member

Is that a pretty standard fitment for overdrive 2?

Are the old and new ones pressfit?

cookci
    Free Member

Is this the puppy ill need to remove it?

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-headset-cup-remover-1-14-1-12/

blastit
    Free Member

Yes you need to remove old one . I have one of those headset cup removers but don’t find it much help. I use hammer and drift/(broom stale is good) and tap gently all the way around keeping an eye on it to make sure its coming out straight. I put new headset in with plastic hammer, grease inside head tube and then again gently tapping around edge keeping an eye on it to make sure it’s straight .Tapping tone will change when it hits home. I only do headsets once in a blue moon so can’t really justify headset press. Or if you don’t feel comfortable pop it down your LBS to press in.

cookci
    Free Member

cheers blastit.

isn’t EC44 1.125″ not 1.25″ though?

OD2 is 1.25″ to 1.5″ taper right?
    thanks
    Christian

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which slackerizer type for giant trance or cube acid’ is closed to new replies.