Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which single ring chain device
  • Amos
    Free Member

I’m going over to a 1×9 set up for winter, I want to run a chain device but which one? The LG1 by E13 looks pretty good, liked the look of the MRP 1.X but reviews are poor and there’s no ISCG 05 option from what I can see.
    Any body else running a chain device for trail riding?
    Do I really need to have guides top and bottom (like the LG1) or will one suffice? And if so which, bottom or top?!

Terry
    Free Member

Iv’e been running the nstop chain device, pretty simple piece of kit. If you don’t do big airs og rock gardens this thing will keep your chain in place.

Terry

PiknMix
    Free Member

Having just gone 1×9 myself I am using a Paul’s chainkeeper, I haven’t managed to loose the chain yet.

StuE
    Free Member

MRP X1 + Renthal chainring, no problems at all

MRP was easy to fit and as been faultless so far.

Amos
    Free Member

StuE, is that ISCG tabs or is just behind the BB bearing

stumpynya12
    Free Member

You need a top guide unit as the chain tends to lift and bounce when you go over rough stuff when running 1 x 9s. Pauls unit is small and easy to fit, works well. MRP is ok but less easy to fit and I had to pack the chainring off the spider to get a perfect chain line. All this info is IMHO as I have used both items.

househusband

The Paul Components Chain Keeper is very neat and efficient; I had more success with it than the MRP 1.x which had bolts made of cheese and would choke with woodland detritus.

StuE
    Free Member

As I said MRP as been fine for me it’s BB mounted btw, this might be worth a look as it’s only £16.99 http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=362

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve been using the E13 XCX with good results on a E13 36t ring. Been spot on for me around trail centres throughout the year, admittedly I’m not a massive rock garden type of rider anyway and haven’t used it in really heavy mud to see if it pack with crap.

Just ordered one of those Superstar ones for the wifes bike to see what it’s like.

I like the look of the Pauls one for my X-bikes if they were just a little cheaper….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which single ring chain device’ is closed to new replies.