Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which SIM free Android phone to but tomorrow?
  • cheers_drive

I had planned on waiting for the Nexus 6 but I’ve just dropped my S3 so need a replacement fast – it’s my business phone too.
    The obvious choice would be an Nexus 5 (although I’d need to wait another day for delivery), anything else I should consider? Mostly used for internet browsing, email, and phone.

miketually
    Free Member

Moto G, then replace it with the Nexus 6 when it comes out?

nbt

S3 from carphone warehouse @ £169, then sell it when the nexus 6 comes out (i’ll give you £100 😉 )

spooky_b329

Tick. Nexus 4 here and wife’s MotoG doesn’t seem to have any disadvantages over it.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Moto G. The only thing that irks me a bit about mine is it can’t do photosphere, and for the price it’s hard to get too upset about that!

cheers_drive

Moto G looks good but I think I’ve come to a deal with the wife were I buy a HTC Mini 2 and she can then ‘buy’ off me in a a couple of months when her current contract ends.

captcaveman
    Free Member

I have Moto G 4G, only £150 on amazon, really nice screen, fast, and on a sim only deal of £7.50 a month!

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Moto G 4G, wasn’t sure about it at first as I had an HTC One S before but the more I use it the more I like it. Camera is the weak point. Can’t complain at £150

miketually
    Free Member

How does the camera in the Moto-G compare to, say, a Nexus 4 or a Galaxy Nexus? Spec-wise, the 3G version’s pretty much a Nexus 4 with 1GB of RAM instead of 2, which makes it better than my current Galaxy Nexus. If the camera’s reasonable, I think it’ll be my next phone.

Colin-T

2nd Gen Moto G just out with an improved camera (8 Mega pixels vs 5 in the 1st Gen). Dual Sim too.

No 4G version yet and limited internal memory but it does take a memory card.

teethgrinder

No real disadvantage of my Moto G 4G over my Nexus 4.
    Main advantage is a battery life that can be measured in days even when used heavily compared to the single digit hours of the N4.

Screen is smaller, so it’s easier to use one-handed. Micro-SD slot taken up by a 32gb card, too.

Not bothered too much about the camera.

muggomagic

The only thing that irks me a bit about mine is it can’t do photosphere

If you download the Google camera app from the play store you can photosphere to your hearts content.

chewkw
    Free Member

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (or version 4 whatever) … not sure about UK/EU specs but in the Far East we can sign on PDF file with it i.e. my mate use it to invoice clients.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which SIM free Android phone to but tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.