Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which Shock Bush Kit for a Pace RC405?
  • Paceman
    Free Member

I need to replace the shock bushes on my Pace RC405 with DT Swiss HVR200 Shock. There are plenty available from CRC and Madison but i've no idea which is the right kit?

Any ideas?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16739

retro83
    Free Member

not familiar with that shock but those look like mounting hardware rather than bushings.Do you have to replace the mounting hardware too?

I think the sizing for an RC405 is 22.2x8mm but double check! (it's the gap between the left and right rocker arms x the axle diameter)

Paceman
    Free Member

Cheers Retro83

I was assuming the kits included the bushings as well the mounting hardwear. Was going to replace both at the same time.

I can't find the bushings specifically anywhere online, online reference to the mounting kits – on Madison the DT Swiss Importer too.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Twodogs

I ordered mine from Pace when they needed doing – don't think it was v expensive

Paceman
    Free Member

For the record, the mount kit needed to do this is:-

DT Swiss – Standard set 22.2 x 8 mm shock mount (Kit No. 1)

You need one set for the top shock mount and another for the bottom mount. I paid £8.94 per set from Petra Cycles.

knott4me
    Free Member

ive run mine for 2 years &still going strong they naturally have someplay in them side to side & they should only really need attention if there run loose or if there is any up & down movement .

Paceman
    Free Member

I have slight up and down movement in mine, in the shock top mount (DT HVR200 shock). The new mounts have improved it slightly but its still there. I'm think a new bolt might be the next step.

Paceman
    Free Member

Kit from Pace sorted this completely, should have just rung them in the first place.

Alex

Up and down movement in mine. CRC/others reckon they have them but not with the spherical bearings. Cathy from pace sorted me out, at least I know they'll fit and I can get my bike back next week!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which Shock Bush Kit for a Pace RC405?’ is closed to new replies.