Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which sea life centre near Edinburgh…
  • david47
    Free Member

Off to Scotland in a few weeks, and the wife wants to take the kids to either Deep Sea world at North Queens ferry or Loch Lomond sea life aquarium… Any one get a view on either or preferably both !

big_scot_nanny

Sorry, can only comment on Deep Sea World – its pretty good, staff are fantastic – we went at a quiet time and they were awesome with the kids, getting out lizzards and stuff to hold. Great fun. It is getting a wee bit tired now however – some bits could do with a little TLC, but oeverall really good.

richmtb

Personally I thought Deep Sea World was an absolute rip off.

You’ve seen everything in an hour and you paid £50+ for the privilege.

If its a sunny day go to Blair Drummond instead. There is enough to do there for a whole day – including some Sea Lions if you must see wet animals

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Loch Lomond’s an hour and a half away from Edinburgh and not a particularly pleasant hour and a half at that, encompassing central belt motorway and some of the scummier weegie suburbs. I like North Queesnsferry – walk through shark tank is great, but having been in it with the sharks swimming around I am biased. Not the biggest, but a decent range of smaller tanks last time I was there, more than an hour’s entertainment probably nearer 2. Never been to the Loch Lomond one, but doubt if it can touch Nth Queesferry
    Also, as you’re heading out to the bridge anyway, a trip to Inchcolm involves a boat trip under the bridges from Sth Queensferry which is pretty cool, but more money. Sth Queesferry is enough to spend an hour or so dotting about in anyway as long as the weather’s nice.
    EDIT – St Andrew’s is further away, but just in case it was on your radar, don’t, it really is rubbish
    EDIT again – can’t comment on Blair drummond, it’s been decades, but there is other stuff in the area to make that trip worthwhile, including Doune castle (Winterfell for Game of Thrones fans, also played several parts in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, audio tour guide is one of the Pythons) and the Ardgarty Red Kite feeder

jamiep
    Free Member

I enjoyed the NQ one. Been a few times, although living in Edinburgh makes that easier.

Dont rush straight to the sharks, which can be over too soo. Spend a good time at the other stuff too. Fills at least two hours.

Search for 2 for 1 tickets, etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which sea life centre near Edinburgh…’ is closed to new replies.