Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Which rims for my "rough road" commuter? Open Pro, Open Sport?
  • brakes
    Free Member

I’ve been running 36H Open Sport rims on my commuter for a couple of years. That’s probably 6,000 miles and not a waver, ding or flat spot.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oh and 2.3s fine on my open pros, used on my 29er, too.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll be going for Open Pro or Sport, depends which ones I can get the best price on 🙂

Cheers for all the suggestions.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Halo Aerotracks here with Conti GP4S (28mm) on the Tripster on disc hubs. I had a spate of punctures that I couldn’t work out, and it turned out to be exactly this:

Dibbs – Member

Deffo pinching. Slit in the tube in line with the rim.

Mis-aligned rim tape can expose the sharp edge of the spoke holes and cause a puncture (usually after you’ve ridden for a while). It causes a slit in the tube similar to a pinch.
    It took me about half a dozen flats before I realised what was going on.

As soon as I sorted that it’s been fine (famous last words!)

I can highly recommend the Halo rims, if you want some last minute confusing! Similar weight, I think, to the Mavics, very robust and they look nice 🙂

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Thanks GTTH, will have a browse for the Aerotracks, and see what price I can find….it is only for my commuter after all!

Aaaah…..only 32h, and I need to use this 36h Hope rear hub. Could have gone nuts with the colours though to complement my aesthetic preferences 😈

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Which rims for my "rough road" commuter? Open Pro, Open Sport?’ is closed to new replies.