Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which replacement forks for specialized camber comp 2011?
  • jimjiminy
    Free Member

Hi I have a specialized camber comp 2011 with rock shox recon silvers 120mm. I wish to upgrade them, what are my options?

Thanks.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Rebas, sids or fox float 120’s are the oobvious answers. What are you looking for from the upgrade ?

Northwind

I had a set of u- turn revelations in mine and ran them at 130mm most of the time, frame isn’t warrantied for it but imo it worked far better with more fork. Just a thought though.

jimjiminy
    Free Member

Guess I’m looking for better rebound as the Recons are a bit po-goey, probably as I’m around 15 stone….Also something a bit lighter would be good.

I cannot find FOX 120 or Reba in 1 1/8th anywhere….wonder if I can fit the tapered forks if I get a external cup 1.5″ bottom headset and keep the traditional top?

Northwind

I think an ’11 Camber will be a fully integrated headset? I think mine was an ’11 If so, then no, you’re stuck with straight steerer.

jimjiminy
    Free Member

Hmmm, that’s a real shame then… I’m pretty limited. I’ve only found FOX 32 100mm fork in non tapered…will these mess up the handling? Really just want some Rebas (120) but no where stocks them.

Northwind

I wouldn’t put 100mm forks in it, no way.

Second hand for forks is often a good option, particularily now in crazy times of wheelsize changes, I just recently sold a near-new set of RCT3 Sid 120s for silly money 🙁

jimjiminy
    Free Member

Ok so I’ve seen some Rebas on ebay and some SIDs and also FOX 32´s…which would be better for XC riding with the Camber Comp?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which replacement forks for specialized camber comp 2011?’ is closed to new replies.