Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which rear tyre for new Zesty?
  • goyawave
    Free Member

Hiya,

I need a new 27.5 tyre for my zesty. I tried a rock razor 2.35 but turns out it doesn’t fit too well. Now I am thinking about a maxxis minion dhr ii but at 2.3 – would this clear the chainstays?

So what is everyone else using?

I ride trail centres mainly and am fairly hard on my tyres which is why I am not tempted by the nobby nic 2.25.

Cheers

Ps: there will be a rock razor for sale soon, one ride old!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Crossmax!

goyawave
    Free Member

…then I’ll be looking for a winter tyre in a few weeks??

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

In what way did it not fit? Seems to be plenty of tyre clearance on mine

goyawave
    Free Member

The tyre has rubbed on the chainstays of my 727 I put some heli tape there and it has worn, in one ride!

What tyres are you running and on which model/year?

razorrazoo

I’m on Hans Dampf 2.35s on a 2014 427′ loads of clearance still, surprise you are having problems. What wheels are they, they may be flexing a lot and causing rub?

goyawave
    Free Member

I went for the hope tech rims on hope evo pro 2. The rims are pretty much the same width as stans flow!

If you look closely at the team spicy photos on the Lapierre website, it has a hans dampf and if you look real close, it is a Pacestar… Now unless this is a special 2.25.

Also, my heels rub quite badly on the seat stay which measured at its widest point is 190mm which I understand to be wider than the production standard…. But I thought this had been resolved. Anyway, wondering if old standard back end had less clearance?

I don’t get it 👿

goyawave
    Free Member

How about the trailstar 2.25 for the rear?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which rear tyre for new Zesty?’ is closed to new replies.