Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which rear light?
  • tartanscarf

Sure this has been discussed before but I can’t find it. What’s the best rear mtb light for £20 or less?

Cheers
    TS

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I like the TAU by APLKIT ,£14 and it compares well to £40 lights, bright,compact and chargeable

kelron
    Free Member

Aldi might still have some left, reduced to £10 in my local branch. Excellent lights.

godders
    Free Member

I use red ones on the back.

servo
    Free Member

I use a on-one phart as it’s not mental bright for the guys behind.

For the road bike I was thinking of one of these, but worried it maybe too bright as well.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-lights/bike-lights/moon-comet-x-rear-bike-light

kelron
    Free Member

I have a comet X as well, should be fine on lower settings. Aim it downwards too.

tartanscarf

Cheers folks, much appreciated.

jkomo

Battery- on one 1W smart jobie.
    USB- moon or Aldi

coatesy
    Free Member

+1 for the Smart 1w, especially if On-One are still knocking them out at a fiver (were about £35 rrp when they first come out), bright enough, and large enough to be seen. Same proviso as all rear lights, even if it has seals, and you run mudguards, get a tube of Blue Hylomar non setting sealant from your local car spares shop, open it up and coat all of the mating surfaces before use.

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve got a lezyne strip drive?
    USB chargeable and very bright.
    Think it was about £20

deadkenny
    Free Member

I use a Moon Crescent. Easy to just strap around the seat post when needed, lasts plenty long enough for me but then I just use it for shorter road sections between MTB areas or the road between house and canal or nearest common land.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bike balls hanging off the saddle rails (good with a dropper) and a Wilkinson or Moon Light on my backpack depending which bag I’m using.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which rear light?’ is closed to new replies.