Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which R.C. Helicopter £50 ish
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I think I’m going to get one for Christmas (for my 7 month old son, honest!)

So what can you get for £50, or do you need to spend more? From what I have read so far I need at least 4 channel?

It will be used indoors, but hopefully in the garden too, or is that optomistic for £50?

Thanks

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Spend a hundred-ish, go to RCMods.com.

Cheaper stuff are just toys, and when they break (which they will) they need to be chucked. A cheap, proper job will at least have spares available.

If you insist on the lower end, try a Maplins store. They have some bargains if your lucky.

Milkie
    Free Member

You will need a minimum of 4 channels if you want to spend the next few months trying to take off and land without breaking anything!

I have a Walkera 4#3, tiny thing, extremely twitchy and hard to fly. I tried a friends Belt CP (a lot bigger) and it was very easy to control.

I suggest paying £100-£150 and getting a decent sized one that can be flown outside.

The HeliGuy – Belt CP

richmars

Good example of man maths. Start looking to spend £50, end up spending £150. (By the way, I agree. Don’t get a toy, get a ‘real’ one. Much more fun.)

Good stuff here

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It is a toy I want though, I’m not going to spend weekend after weekend improving the performance etc…

or is it a case of cheaper ones are just difficult to control?

richmars

Yes, and (has been pointed out above) when you crash it spares will be hard to get.

Mikkel
    Free Member

JR Perkins do some ok ones at around 85 pounds
    Have a look at the E-flite Blade helicopters. cost a bit more but a really good.

The coaxial ones are much easier to fly than the single rotor ones but still takes some practice before you are flying.

I have an E-flite CX3 which i think you can get with radio for around 120 pounds, i use it for flying inside when weather doesn’t permit flying planes outside.

MadBillMcMad

we got a salvation 9 last year after reviews on the gadget show.

excellent, controllable indoors atleast, great fun.

Although I admit it is still a half way house from the tiny twitchy ones to the bigger £150 ones.

you can get spares for them as well – which reminds me …..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which R.C. Helicopter £50 ish’ is closed to new replies.