Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which razor?
  • tartanscarf

My trusty old Wilkinson Sword razor is about to cark it. I can’t be arsed with an open razor so what’s the best bladed electric razor – Gillette Fusion Stealth or something else?

Ta!
    TS

CHB

wilkinson are better than gillettttte.

mrmo
    Free Member

can’t stand wilkinson and the azure was crap, gillette much nicer.

Topchef
    Free Member
    mrmo
    Free Member

If your going that route do it properly,

it is an experience using a straight edge.

Adam_85
    Free Member

Wilkinson sword Hydro 5 and the matching gel.

I always suffered with shaving rash until I got the hydro 5!
    Literally amazing!

FuzzyWuzzy

Gillette Fusion works fine, preferred the 4 blade version but 5 blade works OK (I shave daily though and don’t own a single-speed bike). Blades are a rip-off but they don’t rip your face off and you can shave whilst your half asleep, I’m sure someone will come along and tell you how wonderful the crap old open razors are though…

Cougar

Any more than two blades and you need to have a word with yourself. Whether or not those two blades need to be on the same edge or not is a matter of debate.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Gillette Mach 3 for me. I find more blades just get too easily blocked and are stupidly expensive.

I think what foam/gel etc you use has a bigger impact.

I use King Of Shaves shaving oil for daily shaves. If I have a few days stubble though I find King of Shaves gel better.

Kieran

+1

However a good entry to DE shaving is the Wilkinson Sword DE razor, can be picked up from boots for about £10. Get some decent shaving soap and you wont look back.

Gives a much better shave than any multi blade razor, and more importantly NO SHAVING RASH! Blades for 10 pence only make it more attractive 😀

tartanscarf

Thanks for the above recommendations, I might try out the cheapo Wilkinson Sword recommended by Kieran. So – recommend some shaving gel/cream/whatever too.

Ta!
    Keith

bigG
    Free Member

Merkur, single blade, works well for me and blades are much cheaper.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I use what Keiran suggests and it’s great, especially partnered with this soap http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARKO-SHAVING-CREAM-SOAP-STICK-/290587326616?pt=UK_HeathBeauty_BathShowCons_RL&hash=item43a85ab898

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which razor?’ is closed to new replies.