Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Which phone and broadband package?
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

After being with Talk Talk for some time, they’ve blown it.
    (See HERE for my reasons)

So im on the lookout for a new provider to give me what I want.
    PlusNet are looking pretty good in terms of price.

Anyone got any other good suppliers they’d like to recommend?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

zen broadband are good, dont know if they do a phone package though

Teetosugars
    Free Member

O2 are spot on, and £7.50 a month for broadband aint to shabby…

soobalias
    Free Member

*pays attention*

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, hadn’t thought about O2 and I have my mobile with them. Time to have a delve…..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm O2 are looking better now, as I get £5 off being an O2 mobile customer.

bigyinn
    Free Member

A wee bump for the evening crowd…..

bruneep

Zen here, not the cheapest but they have been awesome in dealing with my broadband fault. BT openreach however shower of ****.

Zen aren’t the cheapest but you pay for what you get.

Cougar

Go to http://www.samknows.com

Enter your postcode and phone number, choose a LLU provider.

I’m currently with Sky, but I was with Zen before I went LLU. Couldn’t fault them, but I get a faster unlimited connection plus Sky TV for about two quid more than I was paying Zen for ADSL alone.

I went with Zen from Pipex; used Pipex for donkeys’ years, they used to be the best but they proper dropped the ball with me. Zen are based in Rochdale, meaning they’re within kicking distance if they cocked me about like Pipex did.

Cougar

Hmm O2 are looking better now, as I get £5 off being an O2 mobile customer.

Yeah. O2 ADSL is Be Internet rebranded, so it’s a good deal if you’ve already got an O2 mobile. I was this –> <– far from signing up with them when Sky finally announced coverage in my area, then it was a no-brainer.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Am I the only one that finds BT ok? As far as I know they are the only ones who throw in 24/7 calls. others do just eves/weekends. Of course there are lots of ads for all sorts but only if there is cable about. Anyone who can find me Bb + 24/7 calls cheaper than BT and /or not based in ******* India would get my vote.

bigyinn
    Free Member

How odd cougar, I was with Pipex, then Zen and then went to Talk Talk.
    I know about LLU, but its a PITA if i want to go to anyone else, as they tend to LLU the line as well (which is what Talk Talk did, hence my problems).
    Not interested in SKY either as I dont want their telly.
    I have no issue with BT, but their pricing is a bit poo and the download allowance isn’t great unless you pay for it. Plus htey bundle all this mcaffe stuff that I just ont need / want. Again their router is locked to BT stuff so I have to source another router if i go elsewhere.

Im still torn between O2 and PlusNet, hmmm….

bruneep

LLU providers at my exchange are AOL or Talk Talk. I’ll be mostly staying with zen.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Zen pricy, but good.
    Cheaper and average will do me for now!

spokebloke
    Free Member

Pipex were ace years ago – until they sold out to Opal (read Talk Talk) – they are now utter shite.

Spent 23 minutes on hold the other day to be told that I had called the wrong number. They then gave me the same number to call and cut me off. Avoid.

unovolo
    Free Member

You can get Sky Broadband without having to have a Sky TV subscription.

Starts from £10 per month.

Sky Linky

samuri
    Free Member

Pipex were ace years ago – until they sold out to Opal (read Talk Talk) – they are now utter shite.

Yeah, for years they’ve been great but just recently I keep getting cut off again and again. The carrier stays up so I don’t think it’s BT’s fault, dunno. I know arguing with one of them will just mean they blame the other so I can’t be bothered. Just sorting out cable now.

Cougar

htey bundle all this mcaffe stuff that I just ont need / want.

They can bundle what they like, you don’t have to install it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I realise that, my inferred point was that I’d rather not have to pay for something I wont use.

ourmaninthenorth

No, sold to Tiscali. Made sh*te by Tiscali. Tiscali bought by TalkTalk (well, Carphone Warehouse at the time). Opal is the B2B arm of TalkTalk and doesn’t serve private customers.

But don’t let that get in the way of a good rant, eh!

bigyinn
    Free Member

The fact remains that Pipex went downhill when they were sold to whoever.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Used ZEN in the past they are brilliant you get to speak to real people and the only problem I had was sorted in 20 mins. But you pay for the service, I can’t currently justify it. I am currently with Plusnet and have been happy, no problems so far.

I think you can only really rate a provider once you get a problem though.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Which phone and broadband package?’ is closed to new replies.