Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Which nursery? It is doing our heads in!
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Both take vouchers. The one that is further away is in the opposite direction from work but as work is almost on our doorstep, any nursery requiring a drive would be equally inconvenient (although it is off the bypass so easy to get to – no driving through town needed).

Also the local one do term-time only (so we don't have to pay for it whilst my wife is not working during school holidays).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Surely its cheaper and easier to have a nanny come in daily?

Never considered a nanny as we want them to interact with other children (we are aware that twins can develop a very insular approach to other people, developing their own language etc). Already my wife takes them to singing/gym/dance groups once or twice daily to keep them around other children.

they will turn into psychotic serial killers or turn to God.

And I know which I would rather they did… 😉

Chris.H
    Free Member

One thing to consider over the summer holiday, at least is if the nursery aren't full, cancel the place at the end of July and restart it in September. Thats what some of our friends threatened to do to avoid paying fees over the summer. They eventually came to a compramise with the nursery and paid for an anverage of half a day a week over the summer.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

One thing to consider over the summer holiday, at least is if the nursery aren't full, cancel the place at the end of July and restart it in September.

The local one doesn't charge for school holidays (probably because it is affiliated to the school?)

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Which nursery? It is doing our heads in!’ is closed to new replies.