Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which New smartphone?
  • johnsquiresplectrum
    Free Member

Im using an iPhone 3GS at the moment and Im extremely happy with it. I use it for Spotify and controlling iTunes and general web browsing when Im away from the laptop.

Ive told myself that when my contract was up I was going to resist the urge of a shiny new toy and get a cheaper sim only deal.

However Im only £30 per month at the moment and the sim only deal was only £20 so Im after a shiny new toy! 🙂

Im not up to date with phones and the last I knew it was either iPhone 4S or Galaxy S2 that was the main contenders.

Any others I should look at? Will Android give me an itunes remote? I know Spotify will be fine.

Ta!

Cougar

If you’re happy with the 3GS, the 4S is probably what you seek.

The SGS2 and HTC offerings such as the Sensation are both very good, but Android and iOS are quirky in different ways and making a switch can be irritating for people.

nickjb
    Free Member

Can you get a 4S on £30/week? You can get sim only for £10/month including data so there’s quite a jump, but if you’ve got the spare £600 and want a shiny toy then go for it.

johnsquiresplectrum
    Free Member

Thanks gents.

The 4S is a litlle more than £30. I cant remember how much TBH. £34 or £36. Ive had a shot of my friends and it quite a big step up camera/screen wise.

I think I’ll just go for it as I’m familiar with the Apple OS.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Iphone5 is probably out in June mind.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m perfectly happy with my Sensation XE, but the HTC one X looks nice.

jfletch
    Free Member

If you are so far down the Apple route as being happy with iTunes, bought some apps and all that malarky the I can’t see how you will ever be able to leave!

Everyone I know with a droid also has a iPod for music.

johnsquiresplectrum
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions.

I dont like itunes on the pc but an ipod itself is great. Itunes way of ordering files, especially compilation albums or albums with feat artists is atrocious. If only ipods werent so good I wouldnt hesitate to use something else.

jam-bo

Too many apple apps for me to consider anything else.

Just out of contrafr but waiting for the 5 as my 4 is still working fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which New smartphone?’ is closed to new replies.