• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Xan.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • which new phone – advice please
  • Gooner
    Free Member

ddue an upgrade but don’t know which one to get
    i currently have a blackberry pearl which i like mainly for the emails but also because it is “phone” sized and looks like a phone rather than a pda

so what are the main differences between the pearl, curve and bold?

anything else worth considering?

we are on orange so unfortunately can’t have an iPhone!

thanks

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

if you’re on orange, avoid at all costs HTC Touch phones, they are shonky.

Terrible battery life.
    Constant crashing – Black screen of death, rainbow screen of death.
    Locks up, unable to answer calls. Only way to reset is to remove the battery and then wait 10 minutes for it to reboot.

We have them at work and have endless problems. I’ve handed mine back and have got a basic nokia and emails can wait until i’ve got internet access.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Do they do N96s? Dunno how spanky they are but you might get one cheap as the N97 comes out this Summer IIRC.
    I’m waiting for the G2 google phone thingy on Vodafone, it’s made by HTC but I don’t know if you’ll be able to buy it standalone?

firestarter
    Free Member

ive just got a nokia 5800 great bit of kit im on it now posting here lol good for emails too. And good memory for music . I was going to get the iphone but this is a nice little phone size rather than the silly sized iphone. It also comes with gps and other gadgets too 🙂 not as flash as the iphone but getting there

Xan
    Free Member

I second the 5800. Also has GPS and Nokia maps whicjh is good for long bike rides. You can use OVI to plot your journey and add photos to bits of the map where you took them and upload them to your PC. geat bit of kit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘which new phone – advice please’ is closed to new replies.