Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which new battery for iphone 6 plus?
  • iolo
    Free Member

My phone is no longer holding it’s charge that well. I think it needs a battery. Could anyone recommend one from the many millions I see for sale on amazon and ebay? I want to make sue the one I put in is a decent one. Changing it won’t be a problem as I replaced mrs iolo’s iphone 6 screen following youtube videos.

hammyuk
    Free Member

£50 at apple with a warranty

allthegear
    Free Member

Yeah, Apple themselves are often the best deal for work on iPhones.

Rachel

iolo
    Free Member

Unfortunately, there’s no Apple store in Austria

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Get it checked out with a Genius appointment first. My 6 was looking like the battery was on its way out but they plugged it in and it was at 97% capacity, so he went thorough the settings and turned some stuff off (apps mostly) and it’s been fine since.

iolo
    Free Member

That’s not possible as there is no Apple store anywhere near where I am. There’s apple approved but they don’t do Genius appointments. I hardly have any apps on it now anyway.

AlasdairMc

At a fiver a battery, it doesn’t really matter if you get a good one or not, especially if you’re happy changing them yourself. Just avoid the gold ones.

As for the removal, at least on the 6 the battery is harder to remove than previous iPhones as it’s glued in. You need to heat the back of the phone to soften the glue, and apply enough pressure to lift the battery but not bend or pierce it. I always replace them outside because of the latter point there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which new battery for iphone 6 plus?’ is closed to new replies.