Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which Multitool
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Numpty colleague broke my chain tool after borrowing so now need a new one. Lost my multi tool ages ago so would be better buying one of them

So what are you using? I’m thinking

Topeak Hexus 16
    Crank Brothers 19 or 17
    Park Tools I-Beam Mini Fold-up 13 Function
    Lezyne Stainless 19 – the lightest and prettiest.

Any for or against any of the above.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’ve got a CB19. it’s got the lot, including 8mm allen key which i need for my pedals if they come loose. comes in a nice case as well.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Halfords had 3 for 2 on multitools the other day, and they had Topeaks and Park, and one other type I think.

So I bought three of course. Still not sure what I’ll do with the other two…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a toppeak alien. very good tool if a little heavy but it has been very robust, has everything I need on it and the chain tool is very good

onandon
    Free Member

Lezyne’s are very niceto use,and well made.
    have a look in German e-bay .
    I managed to pick up a 4 carbon for £8 :),the best price in the UK was at the time £40+

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

I have an older version of the Alien XS and it’s good. I like the way it splits into two so you can have the allen keys and the spanners at the same time.

gecko76

Topeak Alien RX

As per Badgerpoo. Dead handy. No spanners mind.

timraven

Can’t fault my Topeak Alien either. Had it years, got me out of trouble enough times and as TJ says the chain tool is excellent.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

+1 for CB17

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve gone for the Lezyne CRV 19 as it has a couple of open ended spanners which I need for the brakes on the cx bike – which none of the others have. Thanks for your suggestions though.

kiwi_stu
    Free Member

I recommend the Topeak Hexus 16, I have 3 of them, one for the MTBing and SSing in the camelback, one for road biking in the jersey and the last one for MTB racing in the jersey.

Trimix
    Free Member

Dont bother with a multi tool, just make sure your riding buddies have one. You not only get to save weight and money, but they will tend to do the repair on your bike for you rather than risk you damaging their tool.

Worked for my riding buddy for years till I realised. I even used to change his bloody inners when he got a flat as he never owned a pump !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which Multitool’ is closed to new replies.